Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of install problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A couple of install problems Empty A couple of install problems

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 04:18

I'm sorry that I can't figure this out on my own. <<--- Noob. Anyway, I did read the thread about how to install it successfully. My issues are not applicable to the article, however, since I never get through the actual installation step.
My first (and less important issue) is that when I try to install Diesel Stuff, it says: Please insert Disc 1 for GameData/content_version.txt. How can I remedy this situation?
My second problem is when I try to install World Adventures, the Installation guide says to rename the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3; however, I cannot find that location. There is no Sims folder or even an EA Games folder. Can you please help me with that?
Thank you so much for understanding my confusion and your patience. I apologize if you have posted about either of these problems previously.
~Britt

//EDIT

Ok, I found the registry here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3 and it was already (1). Trying the Ultimate Fix now, since I got that error message.
Everything worked with installing Outdoor Stuff, but now I'm having an issue with installing World Adventures because it says it's from a different region? and the first patch file from Crack 3 won't install.

I had the Sims 3 University Life installed, which trying to install World Adventures screwed that up so I had to un-install & re-install that. What am I doing wrong here?

Ok...After trying a few different times, I've decided that I have to install everything in order as the only way it will work, since I keep having to replace the files. So, I have uninstalled everything and would really, really like help with figuring out how to get World Adventures to install. Then, I can install everything in order on top of that and use the Ultimate Fix and hopefully it will all work then. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Helper edit: I know that simming and everything that surrounds it (installing, cracking, etc.) can be very annoying. Still, I' d like to ask you to not multi-post. Use the "edit" button instead to modify your post when informing about updates or adding things. Thanks
Wink.

- C. G.

Back to top Go down

A couple of install problems Empty Re: A couple of install problems

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 09:43

where did you get your downloads from? As this is a unusual issue that I am aware with games4theworld downloads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 10:04

Here, or rather, the Pirate Bay version of here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 10:39

britteny_brat wrote:Here, or rather, the Pirate Bay version of here.

Okidoki I will try have a search round,

What is your current status as I noticed you made a few posts at various times, so I would assume that you been installing, unistalling a lot over the past hours

Also are you following the instructions in the patch https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

It could be that you need to update your version between expansion packs or stuff packs.

Are you getting a confirmation to replace when replaceing all the cracks?

4. For The Sims 3 - World Adventures: open the "World Adventures" folder
in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World
Adventures\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears,
telling you the files already exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 12 May 2013, 14:53

Hello,

There are a few things you're not doing correctly. First of all, you have to change the WA SKU code to 2, not to 1.

Also, if you read these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , notice that you DO NOT need to use any of the "# Crack" folders that come with the torrents and you DO NO need to do all the steps that are provided in the Fix. The only folder you need from the Fix, is the "# Crack" folder, as described in step 3 and 4.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 20:46

Ok, I installed the Base Game. Now, when I try to install World Adventures, I get the message that it's the wrong regional code.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 May 2013, 20:58

britteny_brat wrote:Ok, I installed the Base Game. Now, when I try to install World Adventures, I get the message that it's the wrong regional code.

Hello there,

What is the SKU code for your base game ? Look into the registry again. You will have to try changing the base game SKU to "match" the World Adventure SKU.

There are the following possibilities for changing the base game SKU:

• 01 = US
  • 02 = World Wide (incl. Australia & New Zealand)
  • 03 = Asia
  • 05 = Japan
  • 17 = Digital Download

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 12 May 2013, 21:15; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 May 2013, 21:05

Doh! Thank you for explaining that. Yes, I just fixed it, and it works fine now. That's so silly that they would even bother with including something like that.

//EDIT

It worked for a while, crashed when I tried to edit the town and...I give up.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 13 May 2013, 17:10

Do you just have world adventures installed right now? If so, please read this topic again, and make sure that you have at least one of the expansions listed in step 1.

Last edited by invalidusername on Thu 16 May 2013, 05:29; edited 1 time in total
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 18:23

No, I had everything except Katy Perry and Diesel (cause I could never get that one to work right).

//EDIT

If I just want to install your versions of the stuff packs (not
expansions), but I have the University disc, I don't need to install the
cracks, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 19:00

Yes you do...
Please follow every step of the Ultimate Fix Instructions (inside the archive...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 05:04

The reason why asked if I need to install the cracks is because of this post earlier that stated that I did not need to install the individual cracks or complete all of the steps in the "fix it" list, so long as I applied the "fix it" crack at the end. Since I purchased the University disc, I wondered if I need to apply the individual cracks for the Stuff packs (if I wasn't installing the Expansions as well) or if I just needed to install the University cd over the Stuff packs at the end.
Also, if you read these instructions: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly , notice that you DO NOT need to use any of the "# Crack" folders that come with the torrents and you DO NO need to do all the steps that are provided in the Fix. The only folder you need from the Fix, is the "# Crack" folder, as described in step 3 and 4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 May 2013, 10:41

The files that aren't in the Crack folder are original files. You'll need them if you want to update your game, but you can't play the game with them.
After updating (or if you're already at 1.50), you just need the Crack folder yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 06:52

Every time I install a crack in the base game folder, it wipes away one of the games, even though it claims it's still installed on the computer.

//EDIT

Of course I update every time it prompts me to. I'm at 1.5. So, if I
need the individual crack files from the torrents to update, do I
install them in their appropriate separate files or am I still supposed
to put them in the base folder? Because, as I mentioned, it keeps
uninstalling the games every time I put a new one iin the base game
folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 May 2013, 12:37

britteny_brat wrote:Every time I install a crack in the base game folder, it wipes away one of the games, even though it claims it's still installed on the computer.

//EDIT

Of course I update every time it prompts me to. I'm at 1.5. So, if I
need the individual crack files from the torrents to update, do I
install them in their appropriate separate files or am I still supposed
to put them in the base folder? Because, as I mentioned, it keeps
uninstalling the games every time I put a new one iin the base game
folder.

While it's true that you should use the files from the ultimate fix (instead of the cracks in the expansions), the thing with the "you only need the #crack file from the Ultimate fix" is taken out of context Wink. If you update via the Launcher, then you need all files from the Ultimate fix.

So in your case, I would use all files of the Ultimate fix (replacing them with the existing ones) and at the end the #crack.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top