Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed Empty Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 02:39

So here's the run down.
I have the retail copy of The Sims 3 on disc.
I have EVERY expansion and "stuff" pack from World Adventures all the way up to 70's 80's & 90's. Either from Vitality or Fairlight.
Now, I had been playing the game with before I had new install problems without any issues with install or gameplay. Back then when I was playing it I had The base game (ofcourse) and the expansions all the way up to Showtime. Back then I followed the instructions of the Sims 3 fix that I had back then, which has since been updated.

Just briefly, the reason why I did a complete wipe and reinstall is because my game became victim to the dreaded error code 12 and eventually gave up on my save after using all the recommended error code 12 tweaks. I discovered more expansions had been released so decided to completely start fresh.
I backed up my saves and all the mod packages I'd installed and then uninstalled EVERYTHING. Cleaned the registry out of anything left and started again after downloading the new expansions.

Now. This is the process I've gone through.

Installed base game.
Installed all expansions with their mandatory update before the expansion in question can be installed.
I then copied over the base folder files of the super fix, then each of the dual files that are in each expansion folder of the super fix. I then used the manual patch you guys have on here and then copied over the #crack folder files in the super fix.
THAT is exactly what you guys have instructed on here and in the instruction file that comes with the super fix.

I load up the game via TS3W in the base game bin folder and it DOES load, but before it does I get the minimise to desktop and error message saying 'It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs'

I have removed the mods folder and place it onto my desktop and there is absolutely NOTHING Sims 3 related in my My Documents.

So why is this happening? I hope someone can explain!

Lastly, I'm quite confused because this website gives different instructions to the super fix instructions document.

The document says to copy the base file folders into the base game bin folder, plus the files for each expansion that you have (which for me is all of them) into it's corresponding expansion bin folder (up to Outdoor Living Stuff) and for all further expansions, copy the files from 70's 80's & 90's, seasons etc. into the base game bin, update via launcher (which i know you shouldn't do and use the manual patch instead) and THEN copy over the files from the #crack folder into the base game bin.

HOWEVER, if you read the website instructions in 'How to correctly install Sims 3' it seems like you're telling people to copy over ONLY the #crack folder files after manual patch. So am I now supposed to ignore all the other folders in the super fix and if so, why are you still instructing people in the super fix doc to copy these folders' files over?

Sorry to go on, It's just that I've been EXTREMELY thorough and I've wasted practically an entire day on this. :-\

Thanks for being patient and reading through all of this, if you have done, lol.

Back to top Go down

Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed Empty Re: Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed

Post by Admin Thu 28 Feb 2013, 15:14

Hello,

No need to spam, just be patient.
Welcome to the Forum!

Bazerk83 wrote:I then copied over the base folder files of the super fix, then each of the dual files that are in each expansion folder of the super fix. I then used the manual patch you guys have on here and then copied over the #crack folder files in the super fix.
THAT is exactly what you guys have instructed on here (...)
Actually, that is not instructed here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Bazerk83 wrote:The document says to copy the base file folders into the base game bin folder, plus the files for each expansion that you have (which for me is all of them) into it's corresponding expansion bin folder (up to Outdoor Living Stuff) and for all further expansions, copy the files from 70's 80's & 90's, seasons etc. into the base game bin, update via launcher (which i know you shouldn't do and use the manual patch instead) and THEN copy over the files from the #crack folder into the base game bin.

HOWEVER, if you read the website instructions in 'How to correctly install Sims 3' it seems like you're telling people to copy over ONLY the #crack folder files after manual patch. So am I now supposed to ignore all the other folders in the super fix and if so, why are you still instructing people in the super fix doc to copy these folders' files over?
These are the up-to-date instructions you should follow at all time: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
The reason that the instructions that come with the Fix are different, is because it was originally created to make it able to update via the game's Launcher without the need of reinstalling everything. All the folders you see in there, contain the original files, needed to update the game via the Launcher.
They are, however, useless when you use the manual patch, because the manual patch already overwrites all modified files automatically and replaces them with their originals.

As for your problem, try these steps again, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Read carefully, DO NOT skip any steps and RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, please.

Good luck and let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed Empty Re: Still problems with install despite doing EXACTLY as instructed

Post by Guest Fri 01 Mar 2013, 03:20

Ok firstly, apologies if it seemed like I was spamming. That wasn't my intention with my second post.

Secondly, I understand why the super fix has all of the files it has now that you've explained it.

Unfortunately, it's still happening. This is what I did.

COMPLETELY uninstalled each and every installation, including the base game using add/remove programs. I deleted all remaining files in c:/program files and then cleaned out the registry.

I then checked there was nothing Sims 3 related in my My Documents, which there isn't.

From there. I rebooted, installed each and every sims installation in this order:

Base game
World Adventures
High End Loft Stuff
Ambitions
Fast Lane Stuff
Late Night
Outdoor Living Stuff
Generations
Town Life Stuff
Pets
Master Suite Stuff
Showtime
Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Diesel Stuff
Supernatural
Seasons
70's, 80's & 90's Stuff

I then ran the manual patch. I then opened the #crack file and copied over the two files to the base game bin folder and ofcourse copied over the originals.

Ran the game. Still get the same error message after it begins to load (black screen then minimizes to desktop.

:-\

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 Mar 2013, 21:24

Hello,

Still the "Unofficial Game Modification" error?
Also, did you RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, prior to applying them? If not, please be sure to do so, it's very important.

Where exactly did you get all the games from?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Mar 2013, 04:17

Admin wrote:Hello,

Still the "Unofficial Game Modification" error?
Also, did you RE-DOWNLOAD both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix, prior to applying them? If not, please be sure to do so, it's very important.

Where exactly did you get all the games from?

Yes, same error. I did re-download both and applioed them in the correct order. Patch then crack into base game bin folder.

However, I have since fixed the problem. Somewhat.

I was looking through the ELectronics Arts folder in my documents and discovered 2 .bin file s. One of which had my email address as the filename which I thought was odd as it was a completely fresh install. Unless ofcourse it found my email through Origin whilst running the mandatory updates for each installation. Anyway, I cut and pasted it and the other .bin file "nav.bin" to desktop and ran the game again and the problem disappeared.

It's come back since after putting back all my CC but I'll just have to figure out the .package file it doesn't like through process of elimination. Though, I'm sure I remember a program that can check them all and tell you of any problems. I'll have to google around for it, unless you can recommend a program that does a mass .package check for bad/corrupted .package files etc.

Thanks for all of your help and patience so far Admin. It's very much appreciated, believe me. You guys do amazing work here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:01

Hello,

You're always welcome at Games4theworld's, Bazerk83.
Is this what you're looking for: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3391-conflicting-mods-find-out-now ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 07:02

FIXED!!!!!
Yes, thankyou Admin, that was the program I was looking for and after using it I discovered quite a few corrupt and conflicted files.

I decided to stop being lazy, moved my mods folder out and through process fo elimination, put them all back chunk by chunk.

I redownloaded a couple of patches and it seemed atleast one of them if not all of them were out of date, given that the last time they were installed by me was when Showtime was the latest expansion, lol.
However, what actually stopped the error message was removing nraas Master Controller. It was probably not the latest version. I've decided not to try installing the latest version as I don't really need it anyway.

Thanks for all of your help and your patience Admin!

I haven't ran an actual game yet, I just know that it loads as far as the main menu without a single problem. Hopefully now it'll do the most important part and play without any issues!!!

Fingers crossed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Mar 2013, 15:42

Hello,

Let's hope it will!
You're welcome, glad to hear it's working so far.
I'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the final result, after playing for a while.

Have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Mar 2013, 23:54

Will do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:28

Hello,

Any result?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top