Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows XP download CD key error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows XP download CD key error? Empty Windows XP download CD key error?

Post by Guest Mon 13 May 2013, 18:21

I tried to install Windows XP and was following the steps and when I got to step 4. it says to change the window key. Problem is it has the option but wont let me use it and I think it is because where the CD key should be for my Windows 7 it says there is a error in finding the key. I had the error written down but can not find the paper but you might know what I am talking about? If not I will get back on my windows and get it. Not sure what to do from this point.

edit: If needed this is the error I get where the CD key should be. Error locating xpkey.txt and if you need to know I have windows 7 professional

Back to top Go down

Windows XP download CD key error? Empty Re: Windows XP download CD key error?

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 18:39

Sorry we forgot you...
I activated Windows through the phone, worked like a charm...
Otherwise I don't really know how to help here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 19:02

Thanks anyways. I have tried searching on google about this problem and it seems with the magical jelly bean keyfinder v1.51 has this problem often and I tried to install a more updated magical jelly bean keyfinder that others recommended which did find my CD key but I can not change it on the other keyfinder or use this one to fix the problem and move forward so I am just stuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 15 May 2013, 21:51

Hello,

Use our "Windows XP Genuine Activation" download, found on www.games4theworld.org , it works like a charm!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 22:07

That is the download I used....I got my CD key but it just wont let me replace it with that Error locating xpkey.tx when I do try and click on change window key it just shows it grey not allowing the option.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 15 May 2013, 22:09

Hello there,

Oh sorry, my bad then.
In your title it says "Windows XP", but in your first post you speak of "Windows 7". Was that a typo or are you actually trying the Windows XP activator on a Windows 7 operating system?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 May 2013, 22:17

Oops sorry If I confused you, I am on a Windows 7 now trying to download the Windows XP on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013, 09:45

Why would you do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013, 18:39

Because my Windows 7 is crap. We got this computer made for us and our Windows 7 is a copy and a real great one at that...and I am having too many problems with it and I am tired of it...and because the downloads are good here I wanted to replace it with the Windows XP download, If that is possible.

Admin, Is there something I could do to fix this? Am I not supposed to download on the windows I have now to replace it with this windows xp download?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 16 May 2013, 21:00

Hello,

Wait... how exactly are you trying to "replace" your Windows 7 with XP? Do you know what the process is?

//EDIT

The Windows XP Activator will only activated an already-installed Windows XP that is giving you the "your version of Windows XP is not genuine bla bla...". It's not the complete OS.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 03:47

Oh ok now I understand, I was thinking it was the download for the windows XP. So is that the same with your windows 7 download? If I download the windows 7 could I use that download to fix my problem with my windows 7 now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 17 May 2013, 18:31

Hello,

No, it's not a standalone OS, just the activator. (The XP download)
However, our Windows 7 is a complete OS, with an activator included.

I'm sorry, what exactly is your current problem? Do you get the "Windows is not genuine" error?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 18:11

No I do not have that error but it seems like its crashing. All the icons on the desktop got large and my sims game will not open anymore, my windows is having a lot of glitches and I asked on yahoo answers what that could be and someone said that its common to get that if your windows is a copy which it is. I had problems with it before also when opening it up the screen would stay black and would have to restart the computer until it decides to open windows and we got that fixed but now its having this problem so it seems its just always having these types of problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 21 May 2013, 21:23

Hello there,

Oh, I see. No errors, nothing?
Either your Windows is corrupt or you have a virus on your PC. If you don't have any personal stuff on the PC, a format of your PC will probably do.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 17:39

I dont think its a virus so I am sure my windows is corrupt. Thank you for the advice and I hope I can get this problem fixed soon! all my personal stuff is backed up so its not a problem if we have to redo everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 27 May 2013, 23:01

Hello,

If that's the case, then I think formatting will do the trick.
Keep us updated and let us know if you need any help during the process!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 19:29

Well I had someone reformat the computer for us again and we still have the windows 7 but I think there is another issue with it and wanted to ask if this could be a quick fix or a problem. Well after we got it fixed I think the windows 7 was updated because it does look a bit different, not by much but it does and I think the guy we have doing it for us used a different download, anyways the problem I am having is when I am on windows sometimes it will just randomly shut down, not every time but most the time soon after turning it on. I know its not from over heating just because when it shuts off it doesnt really shut off it just restarts itself. It does not give me any warnings when it does it and when it does come back it goes through a process first of reconfiguring windows 7 and says to not turn off the computer and it seems to do that everytime it chooses to restart itself.

I would go back to this guy and have him fix it but Its a long story, we paid this guy to make our computer and put in windows and he used linux to install windows some how. It was cheaper doing it this way rather than getting a new computer with everything already installed, problem is now hes charging us every time we need to "fix it" and he blames us for the problems that it has and charges us alot of money and its getting to the point where it probley would of been better just getting a computer from office max or some place like that...He over charged us for reformating it and now we have this problem and we want to just try and figure it out ourselfs because he is ripping us off. I really hope this is fixable and it is something that we can do ourselfs because we do not know much about reformating the computer ourselfs or how to fix problems like this.

I am honestly considering getting the oringal but with money these days it probably wont happen anytime real soon so I am hoping that this is something I can fix on my own.

Also to add I have been getting these pop ups for updating windows 7 but I have read online to not do that when it is a copy so I have not updated if that helps at all.

Edit: I just read online about changing settings in windows control panel about asking me first before updating a new windows so I changed the settings because it was set to automatic so I hope this is what solves the problem, let me know if you think that this was the problem or if it could be something else and I will update if the problem continues. Thanks for your help, Glad there is this website to help with this kind of stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 07 Jun 2013, 23:39

Hello,

Not sure if that is the problem, it can be a lot of things. (Sometimes viruses and stuff like that, but I doubt that's the case in this situation)
One way to find out, use your PC for a while, after changing that option.

Also, may I ask how much you were charged? There's this funny story of a friend whose phone had a hardware problem. So he brought it to a third party store to get it fixed. And they did fix it, but they broke something else on purpose, so he was forced to go back to the store and pay again for the problem they caused on purpose. When he was aware of what was going on, he called some friends and the problem was quickly solved, without paying more, LOL. If you know what I mean.
But yes, if he's charging a lot and again for each and every problem (Bad service), he might be corrupt too.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jun 2013, 03:53

I changed the option and it has not restarted yet so that was the problem. I live in mexico so prices here are different but a normal computer here in office depo is around more or less 10,000-11,000 pesos and we got our computer for 5,000 (to buy a orignal windows 7 it cost around 1,000 pesos) we have had to return it to this guy to fix many problems...he said anything he would fix for free unless he has to reformat it. well so far we have had to reformat it twice...which I know makes the computer life span even shorter...Dont have anyone else really to look at it and could fix it which sucks. We are very pissed now because we just noticed that half of our memory is missing! we had two hard drives both C and E and now its just C! I dont know how this guy would even miss or forget to put back in one hard drive?? Its all just a joke lol. He is corrupt for sure. We need to look for someone else... (the last reformat he charged us 200 then when my husband went to pick up the computer it looked like he still had not worked on it and made an excuse to charge us 150 pesos more which my husband said his excuse did not make any sense.) We are thinking of getting an oringal windows just so we can do it ourselfs and just hope everything else in the computer is fine and its just the windows that is messed up. Do you think that would help? unless he did something within the computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 10 Jun 2013, 18:25

Hello,

Maybe the memory is not physically missing, but your partition is gone. Look at the total amount of memory, is it still the same? Or less?
But yes, your guy sounds corrupt.

It doesn't matter whether you actually buy a Windows copy or download it and burn it to a disc. You have to install it yourself either way.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 23:47

It turns out we have a neighbor that makes his own computer as well and has studyed computers and has told us based on the problems we have, the other guy is not installing it correctly and does not know what hes doing so we are going to get it fixed with him when we can. He also has a copy of windows as well. Glad to have this neighbor lol my husband mentioned his issue with the computer and just turned out the guy knows about computers Smile. I would install it myself but I worry I would do it wrong. 

I dont know how to cheak the full memory of the computer but when I cheak it says my disk C is almost full and it being the only one I have?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top