Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013, 16:46

Hi.
Can you help me apply the manual patch? Are there instructions? Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] 1577371209 Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013, 16:48

The manual patch?
I think you just need to double-click it...

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 May 2013, 16:54

ObitoFlame wrote:Hi.
Can you help me apply the manual patch? Are there instructions? Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] 1577371209 Sims 3 How do you apply the manual patch? [SOLVED] 2830496658

Hello,

I think I have to elaborate a bit
Wink. Assuming you have a Windows OS, I personally recommend backing up your savegame before updating (location: Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and then the folder "Saves"). Before updating I would also rename "The Sims 3" folder (Documents/Electronic Arts), to be on the safe side.
Now double-click on that manual patch and follow the instructions (usually you just click OK all the time).

Now before starting the game rename "The Sims 3" folder again, back to its original name!
Then delete the unnecessary "cache files" too! (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3)
-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Now start the game and (hopefully) enjoy it!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 May 2013, 17:17

Oh, problem solved. I was looking in the wrong file. Thanks for the help. Very Happy

Helper edit: nice to hear that. You might still want to keep in mind my suggestions for the future, though Wink.
Topic closed.

-C. G.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top