Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED] Empty Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jan 2016, 07:11

Hi, ive used this site before to download the sims and i recently got a new laptop and decided to reinstall the sims again on my new one. ive purchased the base game & have already installed it onto origin. now im trying to reapply the manual patch but i get a pop up saying that the setup detects no version of the sims 3 is installed and says that the update requires a previous version of the application be installed. but i already have the game installed on my computer? i didnt have the problem previously when i downloaded the expansion packs. a reply would be appreciated thanks.

Back to top Go down

Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED] Empty Re: Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jan 2016, 22:54

gdot wrote:Hi, ive used this site before to download the sims and i recently got a new laptop and decided to reinstall the sims again on my new one. ive purchased the base game & have already installed it onto origin. now im trying to reapply the manual patch but i get a pop up saying that the setup detects no version of the sims 3 is installed and says that the update requires a previous version of the application be installed. but i already have the game installed on my computer? i didnt have the problem previously when i downloaded the expansion packs. a reply would be appreciated thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum @gdot,

Have you tried running the manual patch as Administrator, by means of right-clicking it -> and choosing "run as Administrator" ? Also...try uninstalling your Sims 3 base game and re-boot the computer afterwards. And after the re-boot, re-install that base game and then try the manual patch again. Good luck for the moment !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED] Empty Re: Not able to apply manual patch [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 04:33

okay so I tried doing both of those things and they didnt work. i already have the expansion packs i want installed already though from your site so is that the reason? or do i need to just uninstall the games i purchased and origin and just download the base game & etc from you guys? Because since i have a new laptop, i downloaded the newer version of origin which i saw is causing problems for others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 05:42

And also, i just saw that my launcher is working and that i am already updated to the newest version of the sims 1.69 so do i even need to apply the manual patch? im assuming thats why it says that it needs a previous version installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jan 2016, 07:21

gdot wrote:And also, i just saw that my launcher is working and that i am already updated to the newest version of the sims 1.69 so do i even need to apply the manual patch? im assuming thats why it says that it needs a previous version installed.

In that case, the manual patch isn't necessary (I guess). I can't really explain why you had the previous error, as it doesn't occur very often among users. 

The 1.67 Ultimate fix allegedly works with the 1.69 game on Origin, according to Moderator @SeoY. So you may want to give that a try too. Smile  Edit: see this link for the Ultimate fix (step #4).
http://goo.gl/EvV8E
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 08:22

okay so everytime i apply the ultimate fix it says the sims launcher has stopped working. and when i tried to launch it from the TSW it just becomes a big black screen. in the installation guide for the fix i applied the files in each of the expansion packs that applies to me like it says, then the files in the crack in the sims3/game/bin. right after those steps is when it stops working. so am i supposed to just do step #13 & not the others?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 31 Jan 2016, 08:37

gdot wrote:okay so everytime i apply the ultimate fix it says the sims launcher has stopped working. and when i tried to launch it from the TSW it just becomes a big black screen. in the installation guide for the fix i applied the files in each of the expansion packs that applies to me like it says, then the files in the crack in the sims3/game/bin. right after those steps is when it stops working. so am i supposed to just do step #13 & not the others?

I myself have the Sims 3 version from Games4theworld, so I can't say anything (actually) about your Origin-version. Are you sure you applied the files correctly ? You only need the files in the #Crack folder of the Ultimate fix. These must be copied and pasted to C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Ignore the other crack files.

The problem with the launcher can be "fixed" by disconnecting from the internet, before starting up the launcher.

That said, I don't know why it's not starting for you. @SeoY said it is working, and I'll assume that this is correct. You could try applying the "DEP fix" that is mentioned here, but I don't know if it can help here.

If you can't get it working, you'll need to start over, using Games4theworld's releases of The Sims 3, I'm sorry I can't give an easier solution. In that case, I'd suggest using the "Complete Collection", from this site here.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 23:23

Hello! Smile

I'm not sure if it's related, but I already had the base game and the expansion packs working before Origin decided to update The Sims 3 to 1.69. It may have overridden some files from the Ultimate Fix, but I don't have a comparison point to know for sure if this is the case.

Now, my suggestion would be to skip all of this hassle and uninstall the Origin version of The Sims 3 and go to our version of the game as Carlos suggested. Not only to avoid this problem, but the 1.69 version of TS3 also has problems with Custom Content and Mods (some of them pretty necessary). It's just better all around to have the 1.67 version of the game installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 01:13

alright so i took both of your advice and i started completely over and uninstalled the origin base game and downloaded the base game from you guys. i was able to apply the manual patch & ultimate fix and the game works now! Smile i guess it was just origin giving me problems but thank you for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 02 Feb 2016, 12:04

Hello,

Glad to hear that did the trick, thanks Carlos and SeoY!
I'll close this topic now; do not hesitate to contact us again if you need more assistance. The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top