Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED] Empty Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 08:42

Hi, and first of all thanks for all the work you've done here.

My question is this. I have your Sims 3 game and a few expansions downloaded (the latest I have is Pets). I now want to install more recent expansion packs (for example, University Life), as well as some of the older ones (like Ambitions). Since I already have the game + some expansion packs installed, do I need to un-install them? Or do I just install the expansions I want now and apply the latest crack/fixes according to the installation guide, as usual? I assume it's fine for the newest expansions but I don't know about the older ones.

I hope this makes sense and thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 09:53

Order shouldn't matter. Just go with the install!

Back to top Go down

Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installing expansions in order? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 10:18

Awesome, thanks! So just to check, it doesn't matter if I already have stuff installed, fixed, etc right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 10:21

Just install your expansions, then re apply the Ultimate Fix.
Be sure your game is up to date though...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 10:35

By up to date you mean with patches, right? Sorry if this is a ridiculous question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 May 2013, 10:41

No no, there aren't any stupid questions Wink
Ok here's what you can do:
  • Get the latest Ultimate Fix (best with Chrome)
  • Take files from every folder which has the name of a game/expansion you own, and copy/paste them in the correct location (as written in the Instructions) (leave the Crack folder alone for now!)
  • Install expansions one at a time, and after each install check for updates (open the Launcher and go to the Update tab). Don't worry if no update are available, it is just to check.
  • When you're done, take files from the Crack folder and copy them in the Base Game install location.

Hope this helps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 15:19

Thank you so much, this was very helpful! Sorry for the late reply, real life got in the way. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 15:23

Sure, no problem.
Any other question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jul 2013, 20:15

Sorry, real life got in the way and I couldn't come back earlier. I just wanted to say thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jul 2013, 11:23

Ok no pb, glad I could help.
Problem solved, topic locked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top