Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing games and chashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing games and chashing Empty Missing games and chashing

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 15:14

I am having some problems getting this to run on my mac. I had it on my old pc, but i do now only have mac computers, but of course i still want to play sims 3.
I have two problems.

Just to make it clear, i have a store bought base game and i have downloaded all of the EP's from g4tw. I've created the .dmg's and i have used stuffit expander.

1. problem
I have installed the rest of the ep's, but for some reason when i try to install Late Night and Fast Lane the intaller shouts down at the last step after the installation, and i get an error.

2. problem
I have decided to play the game without Late Night og Fast Lane because of the error, so i have replaced the files from the fix. When i launch the game it only shows 4 of the EP's i have installed - And i have no idea why this is.

I had no problems when i installed these games on my old pc, so i do not understand why this wont work.
I hope you guys can help!

Admin edit: Moved.

- ADMIN

//EDIT

Now i just download the Patch from the ultimate fix guide, and now it shows a lot more EP's, but some are still missing. World A., High end Loft stuff and university life still dont show up.

Back to top Go down

Missing games and chashing Empty Re: Missing games and chashing

Post by Phoebe Mon 20 May 2013, 17:30

Hello,

An interesting crash... Maybe Night Life's and Fast lane's dmgs are corrupted somehow? What about creating new dmg files to see if you have the problem again.

And about the second problem, are you sure you applied the Ultimate Fix, updated your game and applied the crack? I am suggesting you to update your game manually from here and apply the Ultiamte Fix again.

Please let me know the results. Good luck!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2013, 11:02

I got the rest of my EP's to show up in the game by following your directions, thanks!
I still have a problem with late night and fast lane.
I have tried creating new DMG's and downloading the rar files again and extracting them. They still crash in the last part of the installation. I how know idea why this is, but i will just play the game with the rest of the EP's.

Thank you!

//EDIT

I decided to run the installation program once more from the same .dmg's i created the other day - and the installation went trough!
I don't know why i did not change anything or create new .dmg files. It might just have been my computer acting up the other day..

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 23 May 2013, 21:06

Hello,

I am so happy to hear it. Maybe you needed to restart your Mac again, I forgot to tell you this, sorry Facepalm

Sometimes it needs restarting, sometimes not.

I am hoping that you don't have any problems with you game anymore?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 08:14

I'm having the same problem now with games not showing in game though they installed correctly. I see only seven of the expansions. I've updated manually, used ultimated fix and did everything I could think of at least twice. Restarted the computer even.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 29 May 2013, 10:17

Hello Jassie,

As I said before, PLEASE open a new topic for your problems.

Thanks!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 May 2013, 12:33

Oh, I thought that since I have the same problem and the title didn't say "solved" I could just continue here. Sorry Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top