Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 02:05

First topic message reminder :

CCleaner didn't work

Regedit didn't work

Restarting computer didn't work

Uninstalling didn't work

Deleting cache files didn't work

I'm stuck

Back to top Go down

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 14:46

Shamrock wrote:Oh yeah, sorry, for the DEP you already suggested, but she hasn't replied, so maybe she hasn't tried it yet...
And definitely try to uninstall Bitdefender 2013, seems to be an issue with The Sims 3 in Windows 8.

I don't have bitdefender and as for DEP I can't even get into the game. This is a launcher issue rather than crashing. I'm starting to panic. I had this error awhile ago but it was resolved simply by deleting my cache files. I have already done this multiple times. And my game was working wonderfully before but I had to reinstall due to service initialization error

Back to top Go down

There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: There was an error during startup, please see log for details. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 14:51

Carlos G. wrote:
sims3hope wrote:Goodnight Carlos, we will continue this in the morning but for now I need some shut eye. Once again thank you for your time! It is greatly appreciated!

Maybe one last thing (again, I should have asked this at the beginning Embarassed); have you already looked at the suggestions in this topic here ? https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Especially #2 ("Data Execution Prevention"), #3 (Assigning more RAM memory to the game) and maybe #6 too can be useful.

As for the #2 (DEP): although the descriptions are for Windows Vista & 7, maybe you can find the right options in Windows 8 too.
And about #3: after downloading the patch and starting it, you need to select the TS3W.exe in C:/ Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (= the base game location).

Sorry about flipflopping everywhere were just all over the place! but I already tried that (clicking TSW.exe in the base game file but when the black screen in the very begging starts to load it says "The Sims 3 has stopped working Windows will notify you a solution [The hell it will!!]
And as for DEP how would this help for a log file? I am open up o any solution but I am curious as to how this would help! I hope I don't sound like I am back sassing you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2013, 15:27

YOU GUYS! I GOT IT TO WORK! IT WAS A DATA ERROR. I WAS PLAYING AROUND WITH THE FOLDERS AND I TOOK OUT THE SIMS 3 FOLDER AND CLICKED ON THE LAUNCHER NO MORE ERROR THANK YOU ALL I LOVE YOUUUUUU <33333
MWAH!!! KISSES FOR YOU ALL IM SO **** HAPPPPPYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What he said. bounce

//EDIT: Problem solved, topic locked.
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top