Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete' Empty Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete'

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 13:57

I just downloaded the Sims 3 base game for mac from here:
Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete' 4049071320

using the guide from here:
http(://games4theworld(.)bestgoo(.)com/t11808-brand-new-how-to-install-the-sims-3-on-mac-os-guide-read-it-here-now-new
(remove the () brackets)

I unzipped the zip file but when I did it came up with an odd looking app with a cross through it.
When I try opening it is says this: 'You can't open the application The Sims3 because it may be damaged or incomplete.'

I have no idea what to do now as the guide doesn't have another link to download this game and all posts are saying this is the right and updated guide.
What should I do???
Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete' 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete' Empty Re: Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete'

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 16:30

I think your download is incomplete. Try downloading it again!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete' Empty Re: Sims 3 base game will not open on mac as file 'may be damaged or incomplete'

Post by Guest Sun 26 May 2013, 21:55

Shamrock wrote:I think your download is incomplete. Try downloading it again!

I already did and it just did exactly the same thing. Are there any other links for a cracked download?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 15:59

Ok, try to change the browser you're using to download (use Chrome).

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 27 May 2013, 20:57

colfersbooty wrote:

I already did and it just did exactly the same thing. Are there any other links for a cracked download?

Hello,

Which application you use for unzipping the files? You need to use StuffIt Expander to open Sims 3 game files. That's why you can't open it. Please download it and try again.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:30

Shamrock wrote:Ok, try to change the browser you're using to download (use Chrome).

I did originally use chrome to download i actually so that's not the problem.
What else do you suggest?

//EDIT

Phoebe wrote:
colfersbooty wrote:

Hello,

Which
application you use for unzipping the files? You need to use Stuffit
Expander to open Sims 3 game files. That's why you can't open it. Please
download it and try again.

I did use stuffit expander,
that's the one I used to open sims expansions originally so I used it
again on this one so it's not that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Mon 27 May 2013, 21:41

I wanna make it clear, after your download is finished, you just unzipped it to where? And this problem comes out when you double click to game to open it? Or before even finishing the unzipping?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 21:53

Phoebe wrote:I wanna make it clear, after your download is finished, you just unzipped it to where? And this problem comes out when you double click to game to open it? Or before even finishing the unzipping?

When my download is finished it comes up with a folder called 'The Sims 3 (mac, cracked)' I go into the folder where the actual zip file is and open it with Stuffit Expander to my Documents.
Then before it even starts unzipping it it just comes up with the message 'The archive may be damaged.' then I can only press 'okay' and Stuffit Expander shuts down without even trying to open it.

I hope that's helpful?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Wed 29 May 2013, 10:11

Hello,

Then I suggest you to remove StuffIt, delete from your Mac, and redownload it again. Sometimes it happens t be broken.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 21:36

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

Then I suggest you to remove StuffIt, delete from your Mac, and redownload it again. Sometimes it happens t be broken.

I just did this twice and to no avail.
It didn't work even after downloding and and deleting twice it still didn't work and the message still came up.
I definitely think it's to do with the game file instead now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 31 May 2013, 21:55

Hello,

Have you tried downloading different versions of game?
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2013, 00:18

Phoebe wrote:Hello,

Have you tried downloading different versions of game?

I don't know how to do that as the guide I am using and is the only recommended and most updated one.

Is there another updated guide I can use for all the downloads?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top