Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!) Empty Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!)

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 02:35

I've been able to install the game with the startdisk.iso file just fine....
I am to understand that at some point during the installation process that you are to be asked to insert disk 1..

The Ultimate Fix has not worked for me as of yet, but that may be an entirely different issue... I just wanna use the elimination process before going off and blaming things lol ;p

I haven't been asked that at all... so in summation, if you aren't asked to "insert disk 1" during the installation process from the startdisk, do you even need to utilize disk 1?

Thank yoooous! ;-* xx

Tea 4

Last edited by Carlos on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 09:45; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Solution added to the latest post, and removed from the opening post.)

Back to top Go down

Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!) Empty Re: Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!)

Post by Phoebe Sun 06 Apr 2014, 14:48

Hello,

I couldn't understand your question or your problem? If you installed your game succesfully and it's working... what is the problem here? Smile

Also, Ultimate Fiz something different, it is the last step to play the game after installing every expansion you want.

Can you please explain what do you need to know? Sorry for being slow-minded, Sundays mean being lazy to me Razz
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!) Empty Re: Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!)

Post by Guest Sun 06 Apr 2014, 21:48

Lol, no worries!! ;-)

Ok so when you download the Sims 3 base game from this site, you get 2 .iso files: "The Sims 3 startdisk" and "The Sims 3 Disk1"

Now in the tutorial video and from a lot of forum posts, you mount both of the images and use "StartDisk" first... In the Tutorial video, during installation of "startdisk" it looks like you're supposed to be asked to use the mounted "Disk1" to finish the install process... but I was never asked to use "Disk1." 

So I never know when or even IF I'm supposed to use Disk1...

OH!!!
*Lightbulb*

Phoebe, did you download the base game from this site????? 

Thanks for replying Smile 
xoxo

//EDIT

*****EDIT*******

I've found the problem... The Sims 3 base game itself wasn't working. Now it may work for other Macs, however, it may be the entire disk 1 issue I was mentioning earlier. After getting that out of the way, the Ultimate Fix was a breeze on a summer day! Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!) Icon_smile

I decided to go a different route for the base game and figured I would just download a single .iso file as an alternative.... Aside from that, all the other expansion packs I've downloaded from the site are working perfectly fine! I don't want to go against the site at all, but if ever granted the permission from Admin I will be more than happy to provide the Sims 3 base game that I have used for those who are having issues with the Ultimate Fix process. 

Hope this helps the newbies like me who are having Mac issues with the Ultimate Fix

What a victorious day for Fluffypumpkin!! *clap clap* *does happy dance* 8(^-*)8

Is Disk1.iso File For Sims 3 Base Game Needed? (SOLVED!!!!) Tumblr_m6yrzbFHAe1rya8m9o1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top