Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?  Empty Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 20:20

Hey guys,

I'm currently installing the Sims from the games 4 the world website, everything is going fine, I just have a few questions;

I've been searching the forum and have seen conflicting information, and I don't want to proceed to have to uninstall (again!)

I've read the MUST READ guide and I understand that, but when I am installing the expansion packs, and the base game for that matter, the installation instructions come with cracks, now, am I to follow those instructions and use the cracks provided in the downloads or do I ignore the cracks in the downloads and use the manual update and ultimate fix when I have finished downloading everything?

I only ask because I've already downloaded the base game following the installation instructions which come with it;

When the Installation is completed, open the '# Crack' file in this .rar and Copy + Paste
the 'TS3.exe' to 'Game Directory > Game > Bin' and REPLACE it by the existing one.

Now, I've done this and the Game appears to run smoothly without fault, but I don't want to mess the game up as I progress, as the world adventures expansion wants me to use the crack and run a patch, so will I ruin the download by following these instructions, or when paired with the ultimate fix and manual update will it be okay?

Thanks again! Very Happy

EDIT: I've had to use the world adventures cracks provided in the expansion as I could not continue if I skipped them, will ultimate fix correct any problems?

Back to top Go down

Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?  Empty Re: Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:00

Ignore the torrent's crack.
Please do the following:
  • Install a game/expansion
  • Open the Launcher and check for updates (if there aren't any, it's fine!)
  • Proceed with the next one and repeat.

Then download the latest Ultimate Fix and drag & drop the files from the Crack folder to the base game installation folder, i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
Then it should work fine!

Back to top Go down

Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?  Empty Re: Confusion regarding download, can anyone help?

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:04

Ahh okay, thank you! Will the use of the torrents crack on the base game effect play-ability?

Thank you again, if more problems occur am I okay to post within this thread again? :newfag:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:06

Yep. I repeat DO NOT USE THE TORRENT'S CRACK. Wink
To put it simply, those cracks are not up to date, so conflicts will appear and you won't be able to play...
Sure! I'll leave this topic open for you to post more!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:16

The only problem is I used the crack to install the base game before I had read the MUST READ, I only have the base game currently, and am in the process of world adventures, should I uninstall both and start again or will I be okay?

When the Installation is completed, open the '# Crack' file in this .rar and Copy + Paste
the 'TS3.exe' to 'Game Directory > Game > Bin' and REPLACE it by the existing one.

That is the step followed for the base game

Thanks again!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:20

That's fine. Open the Ultimate Fix, then take the files in the "Base game" or "Sims 3" folder (not the Crack folder), and drag & drop the files in the base game installation directory.
Then, proceed like I said, and everything should be fine!
Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 May 2013, 21:21

Thank You for all your help! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 28 May 2013, 22:18

Hello there,

Thank you, Shamrock!
OP, you're welcome. Is there anything else we can currently help you with?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male