Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick easy question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quick easy question Empty Quick easy question

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 00:54

Finally gave up on BlackBox complete after 5 freaking days of frustration. I now have all G4tW downloads and hoping I can finally make this thing work.
I own a retail copy of Sims 3 which I am about to install on a new PC build. Afterwards I will be installing: Ambitions, Fast lane, Generations, High End Loft, pets(fixed), and showtime. I have read the "Must Read" and will be following it to the letter but have a quick question before I start. After I install the base game, should I run it and let it update before attempting to do the expansions or is this not necessary as I will applying the (linked) update and then Sims 3 fix? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.. I really want to get this game going for my kids.

-Az

Back to top Go down

Quick easy question Empty Re: Quick easy question

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 May 2013, 01:01

Azraehl wrote:Finally gave up on BlackBox complete after 5 freaking days of frustration. I now have all G4tW downloads and hoping I can finally make this thing work.
I own a retail copy of Sims 3 which I am about to install on a new PC build. Afterwards I will be installing: Ambitions, Fast lane, Generations, High End Loft, pets(fixed), and showtime. I have read the "Must Read" and will be following it to the letter but have a quick question before I start. After I install the base game, should I run it and let it update before attempting to do the expansions or is this not necessary as I will applying the (linked) update and then Sims 3 fix? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.. I really want to get this game going for my kids.

-Az

Hello,

After installing the base game, and before you install an expansion, you will probably be prompted to "update" the game anyway Wink
This means:
1) Install the base game
2) Patch it
3) Install all expansions you want
4) Patch again !!
5) Apply the Ultimate fix

Remember that if you update through the launcher, you need ALL files from the Ultimate fix. But if you use the big "manual patch", it is enough when you use the #crack part only (this goes into the Sims 3 base game location).

Do not use the cracks that are included with the expansions; only use the files from the Ultimate fix.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Thu 30 May 2013, 01:10; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 01:09

Okay cool thanks.. here I go.. wish me luck!
-Az

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top