Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 01:48

does this

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

allow you to update the game through the client? if not, how would i update it? if anything, what would i have to download? where could i get it?

this post (the one linked above) really kinda confused me a little lol

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 03 May 2012, 08:33

Hello,

With the fix, you can replace your cracks with original files to allow you to update. There have been some problems patching with the launcher lately, but you can use the manual patch. After that, you'll need the crack from the fix to crack it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Update help - EASY question.[SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 14:00

ok, thanks, but i'm still pretty damned confused, can you explain this as dumbed down as possible? lmao, so sorry, but i don't wanna take a risk- it took me 3 days to install it, and i don't wanna have to reinstall, all because i got confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 15:09

blakFYR999 wrote:ok, thanks, but i'm still pretty damned confused, can you explain this as dumbed down as possible? lmao, so sorry, but i don't wanna take a risk- it took me 3 days to install it, and i don't wanna have to reinstall, all because i got confused
Hello,

This is all there is to it: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Start with step 2.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 21:59

ok, see now i'm even MORE confused. i read the pdf, and it was no help, at all.

how can i update my game through the launcher? do i use the steps in the ultimate fix? if i use the ultimate fix, will i still be able to play the game as normal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 03 May 2012, 22:11

blakFYR999 wrote:ok, see now i'm even MORE confused. i read the pdf, and it was no help, at all.

how can i update my game through the launcher? do i use the steps in the ultimate fix? if i use the ultimate fix, will i still be able to play the game as normal?
Hello,

The Ultimate Fix is all about updating your game. If you use the Fix, you'll have the latest version of the game afterwards.
The Ultimate Fix doesn't change anything about your gameplay etc, it's just there to "fix" your game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 02:35

ok i see now. does it allow me to update directly through the launcher?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 May 2012, 03:29

Some people ARE able to update from the launcher with no issues after using the Ultimate Fix, but for those that get an error updating with the launcher... that is where the Manual Patch comes into play.

Added link.

- Lady ElDi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 04 May 2012, 10:09

blakFYR999 wrote:ok i see now. does it allow me to update directly through the launcher?
Hello,

I recommend you read the Fix' included "# Installation Guide.pdf" first, this is all described there.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 01:04

ok, sorry for the late reply

but it's updating now, and when It's done ill copy the crack back to the base game's files.

so when I need to update the game again, all I have to do, is take the 2 files from the "Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations" folder and apply it, then update, then crack it again?

...as long as it's status on the download page is working though, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 May 2012, 09:23

Hello,

You'll get a disc authentication error, you need the 2 files from the #crack folder in stead. Wink

The only time the fix's status would be "not working" is in the event that a patch comes out right before a new expansion, or when there's no crack available yet. When that happens, the fix is still working with the previous version and a notice will go out not to patch yet.
If you join our fangroup, you'll receive newsletters from time to time telling you about new releases, new patches, a new fix or any other relevant news.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 21:52

ok, so basically what you said is this:

If the files in the # Crack folder of the RAR, the .EXE and the .DLL, are in the Sims 3\Game\Bin folder, the game can be updated without any issues. If the files in the Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations of the RAR are in the Sims 3\Game\Bin folder, the game should not be updated, as it would cause a disc authentication error.

Is this 100% correct? Are you sure it's not backwards?

Also, new question I don't want to make a thread for, seems pointless:

The new Sim 3 update comes with community features if I log in. Can I use these features using your version of the Sims 3? Or will they know it's cracked?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 10 May 2012, 22:27

blakFYR999 wrote:ok, so basically what you said is this:

If the files in the # Crack folder of the RAR, the .EXE and the .DLL, are in the Sims 3\Game\Bin folder, the game can be updated without any issues. If the files in the Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations of the RAR are in the Sims 3\Game\Bin folder, the game should not be updated, as it would cause a disc authentication error.

Is this 100% correct? Are you sure it's not backwards?

Also, new question I don't want to make a thread for, seems pointless:

The new Sim 3 update comes with community features if I log in. Can I use these features using your version of the Sims 3? Or will they know it's cracked?
Hello,

What she means is after updating you'll get the "No disc inserted" error, when you try to run the game. If you apply the files from the "# Crack" folder, like you described, you won't get that error any more. In order to update the game, we recommend using the manual patch instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch
No need to anything special for that patch. Just patch your game and use the Fix' "# Crack" afterwards. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 23:03

ok, i'm sick of these, imma just say it, exactly how i feel:

you guys are confusing the holy-hell out of me. first you say 'apply crack' then i ask if you want me to 'apply crack' and you say, 'no, apply crack', to keep it simple, or you'll dance around my question- i've been trying to clearly tell you what i mean, it's not a difficult explanation- but it's honestly, really frustrating

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 11 May 2012, 09:29

Hello,

Ah I see what you mean, sorry about the confusion. This fix can only be used for the current game version, 1.33. If your base game is version 1.33 now, just apply the files from the #crack folder to the base game\bin.

When a new patch comes out, a new fix is released by Admin. You won't be able to use this fix when a new patch comes out since the crack won't be compatible.

You can log on to the new features, no one will come after you for using a cracked game, but you won't be able to use all of the features unless you have at least one registered game. If it's important to you that you can, getting a $9.99 stuff pack and registering it will do.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 14:39

"getting a $9.99 stuff pack and registering it will do" i don't know why that made me lol, but thanks, exactly what I needed xD.

and hurray! thanks lady eldi Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 11 May 2012, 16:16

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion!
So... problem solved for now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 23:28

yep, perfectly solved now. thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 12 May 2012, 09:30

Hello,

That’s good to hear.
Don’t hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again!
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top