Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In what order do I install the expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In what order do I install the expansions? Empty In what order do I install the expansions?

Post by Guest Mon 09 Dec 2013, 06:43

So after reading the "How to Install the Sims 3" guide, I realized it didn't specify what order to download the expansions in. I'm aiming to download all of the EPs, so after downloading them in a random order, I see the text file in Late Night, which says 

"Before starting, please be sure that you've done the following:

-1. Completely uninstall The Sims 3 + All expansions.
-2. Restart your PC. (!)
-3. Reinstall The Sims 3. DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
-4. Install WA.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS! 

-5. Install HELS.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS! 
-6. Install Ambitions. DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS!
-7. Install Fast Lane Stuff.* DO NOT APPLY THE CRACKS! 

-8. Update the launcher to the latest version.
-9. Now, go on with the instructions below, for Installing Late Night."

Do I still follow the above instructions? Or are they outdated?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

In what order do I install the expansions? Empty Re: In what order do I install the expansions?

Post by Sephymuffins Mon 09 Dec 2013, 06:51

Hello,

The only instructions you should be following are located here:  https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Looking over those instructions you posted/quoted, I can definitely tell they are old and the newest instructions on how to install the game in general is within the link I provided.  As far as installing in order goes - that's actually a myth.  You can install in whatever order you want.  I'd just suggest making Into the Future your last EP installed, only because it literally was EA's last expansion released.  Smile

Hope that helped. ~

EDIT:  I forgot to mention.  If you do want to install in order, please look at this website here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/technicalhelp/installorder.php
Sephymuffins
Sephymuffins
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Female

Back to top Go down

In what order do I install the expansions? Empty Re: In what order do I install the expansions?

Post by J.T. Mon 09 Dec 2013, 07:20

I agree with the most of Sephy's post. However, you do not need to install in order! All you need is to follow the first thread she mentioned.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top