Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)  Empty Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 15:47

Hi, :newfag: I have the base game, pets, showtime, and seasons installed. I have no mods. I installed the manual patch and the cracks from the latest ultimate fix. For some reason when I move in a family the game crashes while it is loading the family lot. Help I have no idea what could be wrong with it. I followed the instructions provided in the fix and on the video. Thanks for any help! pirat

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)  Empty Re: Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 15:51

have you tried this topic?

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)  Empty Re: Game Crashes Even With Ultimate Fix (Sims3)

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 15:57

I'm running windows 8 would it still be the same if I used the instructions for windows 7?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:02

Oh, wait.
DEP is the same, will most probably help with your problem.
Run as Admin still applies.
Lastly, if those two don't help, tell me about your graphic cards! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:07

I'll try that stuff! oh and I just bought this pc 2 months ago brand new so its graphics cards are fairly up to date Smile thanks btw!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:08

Yes, but do you have only one or two of them? Sometimes the game chooses the worse one to play... Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:12

Just one of them but this pc is a "gaming" pc its just not huge like most Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:13

Ok ok, cool then.
Try what I said and tell me the result!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:51

Well I done the DEP thing and it got me past the family lot but when I went to buy mode to buy something the game crashed again :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 16:54

And "run as Admin" did nothing to change it, right?
Ok, let's try and clear the cache. Go to My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, and delete the following:
¤ CASPartCache.package
¤ compositorCache.package
¤ scriptCache.package
¤ simCompositorCache.package
¤ socialCache.package
Then, also delete the folders DCCache, DCBackup, WorldCaches, and Thumbnails. (You might loose Custom Content in the process, so you'll have to install them again!)
Does this help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 18:55

No Sad still crashed after I entered buy mode

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 18:59

Are you sure your PC is configured for the game? That's also why I was asking about the graphic card: some aren't supported...

//EDIT: Please try this site and tell us the results...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 19:37

well see the thing is, I'm supposed to be able to run the sims 3 because I had the actual game installed on this pc not long ago. I lost my disk and came up on games4theworld and uninstalled the original disk version to install the version on here. all of it went fine until I got University Life. It started crashing. When I moved I TOTALLY rebooted my pc (out of box state) and installed showtime, the base game, pets, and seasons and skipped the rest. Before, with the actual disk, it ran great! Not a problem with it but now that I have this version it crashes. At first I thought it was University Life but now that I dont even have it installed it's still crashing. I'll still run that to see what the site says though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 19:38

Ok, you could have kept your disc game and add the expansions from G4TW...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 19:42

Well see I had lost the disk so I figured there was no point in actually keeping the disk installation. I figured it might mess with this version anyway. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 19:44

It passed my computer by the way! now to figure something else out lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 22:34

Try to run the game with Game Booster from Iobit! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 01:23

Ok it let me actually save the game but it still crashes :/ as soon as I moved the family onto the lot I saved i moved the screen a couple of times, it crashed saying "the sims 3 has stopped working windows is searching for a solution to the problem" then a few seconds later "windows is unable to fix the problem"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top