Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't update to 1.50 - iPatch needs to change permissions for these files : Thesims3.app

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't update to 1.50 - iPatch needs to change permissions for these files : Thesims3.app Empty Can't update to 1.50 - iPatch needs to change permissions for these files : Thesims3.app

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 03:04

Hi everyone,

My name is Jocelyn and I'm encountering some problems installing The Sims 3 in my macbook pro. I am following everything exactly to the letter as specified on the new Sims 3 mac guide (i'm even using the programs recommended to extract and all that).

The problem begins when I get to step number 6. I click on the "update now" button and let it download. As soon as its close to finishing the update, I receive this message:

"Patch needs to change permissions for these files :
Thesims3.app" Options are cancel or change.

Cancel - cancels the whole update, and change - changes permissions and attempts to patch the game but results in an "Unknown error occured" . Then it closes. After this error, when i try to open the Sims 3, it gives me the "Unknown error occured" message again and it closes. At this point, It no longer lets me access the game launcher and need to reinstall. I have done this 3 times with the same results.

Therefore, it will not let me update to 1.50 from 1.2

Any ideas how to deal/fix this problem? Any help is appreciated Very Happy

Last edited by jozzrr on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 02:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)

Back to top Go down

Can't update to 1.50 - iPatch needs to change permissions for these files : Thesims3.app Empty Re: Can't update to 1.50 - iPatch needs to change permissions for these files : Thesims3.app

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 09:59

Don't worry, upper than 1.50 isn't out yet... Wink
I don't know if that exists on Mac, but try to run it as Admin?
You need to change the permissions to access the files otherwise... Do you know how to do it?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top