Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem. Empty Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem.

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 23:04

Hi guys! First off, thank you so much for all the time and effort you all put in to making these games available for us. Very Happy

I have downloaded the Base Game and every EP from G4TW, and have used the newest Installation Guide for Mac (the 20-05-2013 version) to convert the rar files to dmgs. However, I noticed that when certain EPs were installed (Ambitions, World Adventures and Late Night, I think), they don't appear in my applications folder like the others do. However, if I attempt to re-install them, I get a message that tells me that they are already installed in that directory. I uninstalled them all, and then installed them all in a specific folder within my Applications folder to see if that changed anything, but it didn't.
Also, I have also noticed that, if I attempt to open the game launcher once one of these EPs has been "invisibly installed", I get the "an unknown error has occurred" message, and the launcher doesn't even open. However, if I have only say, University Life or one of the others installed, this doesn't happen. I tried the fix listed on the Mac Fixes page for this issue (the one about deleting The Sims 3 Preferences and com.transgaming files and all that), which didn't seem to make a difference. However, (and I'm not sure if this is relevant or not) I did realise that, when attempting to install those 3 EPs (Amb, WA, LN) for the second time, the serial codes were remembered by my laptop and I didn't have to input them, which didn't happen with the others... And after I used the preference fix, the serial codes were not remembered, but the EPs still did not appear after installation.
I previously had the base game and Ambitions installed on this laptop (from actual CDs which have since vanished!) but they were uninstalled before I started any of this (again, dunno if this is relevant, but it might help!).
Sorry for this extensively long post, but I really wanted to give all of the info I could! I've been pulling my hair out about this for days! D:

Back to top Go down

Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem. Empty Re: Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem.

Post by Admin Thu 06 Jun 2013, 23:40

Hello there,

Accidentally closed this topic, sorry!
I've unlocked it again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem. Empty Re: Issue with certain EP installation and "unknown error" problem.

Post by Phoebe Sun 09 Jun 2013, 11:58

Hello,

Sorry for replying late.
Just to clear some things for myself I'll ask some questions.
How did you install the games? I mean did you install the base game and Late Night and checked if they work or not? Then apply the others all you just added all one by one?
I suggest you to take things slow and reinstall everything. First install the base game, and update your game manually using this. And add Seasons, check if it works and let me know the result.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Jul 2013, 22:11

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner! I got frustrated and gave up for a bit! So, I followed what you suggested, uninstalled them all and reinstalled. I had to do a manual uninstall, which was fine. I tried to use the manual patch that you linked, but I had a problem with it. Before patching, the launcher opened fine, but once I had patched it, the launcher wouldn't open. So, basically, clicking TS3 icon in Applications did nothing. However, updating as per the Mac Installation Guide worked fine!
So I installed them one by one (Supernatural, Seasons, Pets, Showtime and UL), and they all worked fine, except for the three previously mentioned ones (LN, Ambitions and WA). Once they were installed, they didn't appear in the applications folder, but were apparently already installed to the directory and were detected by the Uninstaller. Once I attempted to open the launcher when one of these EPs were installed, I got the "unknown error" message again, and the launcher wouldn't even open. So my boyfriend changed it so that it would bypass the launcher and just start the game, but then I got the 0x0175dcbb error message. When this happened, I uninstalled the EP that was causing the problem, and moved on to install the others.
Oh, and in relation to the Ultimate Fix, I haven't been applying that to each individual EP Game Bin, but to the Bin for the base game, as it says in the Mac Installation Guide. Just in case that makes a difference.

Hope this clears things up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:08

i'm not sure if it works but uninstall them all, clean your cache and every thing using some mac cleaner and reinstall them, I had the same problem and this solution worked for me Wink some times it just has installed badly, cleaning logs and caches might work

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top