Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game" Empty When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game"

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 17:48

I am experenced when it comes to torrents and all. I have done all the other expansions just fine. I tried the University life expansion and now I can't open ANYTHING. No matter what I click on it reads "unable to start, reinstall base game" I think I need to update my base game but I cant get into the launcher... Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated.

//EDIT

Oh I and I did try the ultimate fix and it still did the same thing as before.

//EDIT 2

When I try to avoid the launcher by going straight through TS3W it says "unable to start game. Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update via the game launcher."

Last edited by NurseJade on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 18:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game" Empty Re: When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 17 Jun 2013, 18:04

NurseJade wrote:I am experenced when it comes to torrents and all. I have done all the other expansions just fine. I tried the University life expansion and now I can't open ANYTHING. No matter what I click on it reads "unable to start, reinstall base game" I think I need to update my base game but I cant get into the launcher... Not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated.

//EDIT

Oh I and I did try the ultimate fix and it still did the same thing as before.

Hello,

I'm afraid something went wrong during your installation or patching process. But first, have a look at this here again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Please repeat the steps 2 to 4. This basically means: download and apply that big "manual patch" and then re-apply the "Ultimate fix". For the future, I recommend you always use the manual patch for updating.

If this doesn't help, you probably have to try un-installing everything. If that is the case, you could follow the guidelines of this article here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Make sure to delete the registry keys manually, instead of using "CCleaner" or similar tools.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game" Empty Re: When trying to get to launcher "unable to start, reinstall base game"

Post by Narong30 Tue 18 Jun 2013, 17:17

Make sure you extract the file use WinRar. Never use something else.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jun 2013, 17:39

Narong30 wrote:Make sure you extract the file use WinRar. Never use something else.

You can also use 7zip. Does the same thing and more importantly it's free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Tue 18 Jun 2013, 17:47

Sir Auron wrote:
Narong30 wrote:Make sure you extract the file use WinRar. Never use something else.

From my previous experience. Sometime, when we extract use any other software than Winrar. The output of the file will be corrupt.
Maybe because Games4theworld pack the file use Winrar.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 02:37

Sir Auron wrote:

Hello,

Indeed, like Narong said, it is possible that during the extraction process with another program, the contents can get corrupted.

By the way: at this site you'll find a torrent for WinRAR too (for free of course): http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top