Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game." Empty "Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game."

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jan 2016, 04:02

Nothing works! The game was working perfectly fine a couple days ago. I tried to play it and it gave me the error "Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game." So then I re-did the Ultimate Fix (I used it before I played the game the first time so I already had the files in the exclusions list) hoping that it would work. No such luck. Do I really have to reinstall it? What about all of my saves? How do I back those up? And lastly, is there ANYTHING I can do that won't require me to reinstall everything? All the Sims 3 files and expansions packs are there and clickable. I just can't play, of course. I have a bad feeling that if I redo the base game, the expansion packs will somehow not be playable and I'll have to manually uninstall and reinstall every single one of them. Please, please, please help. I don't want to have to reinstall everything. Especially if I won't get my saves back.

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game." Empty Re: "Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game."

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 09 Jan 2016, 12:27

Hello,

If you open the game launcher, what game version does it show, is it 0.0.0.0?
If that's the case, you'll have to reinstall the base game. But don't worry, you won't have to reinstall all of the expansions if you do.

First, to make a backup of your saves, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and copy the saves folder. You can paste it to your desktop or anywhere you like and they can be restored later.
You will be asked if you want to keep the folder in documents and you can choose to do so, but it's a good idea to make that backup anyway.

If you have to reinstall, only uninstall the base game and restart your computer after that. After that you can reinstall, use this patch and the crack from the fix again. 

If your game version on the launcher is 1.67.xxx however, there is probably something else going on, please let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game." Empty Re: "Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game."

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 07:20

That's the thing, it immediately gives me the error message. It won't even take me to the launcher to press play, just trying to open the launcher will give me the message without me actually seeing the launcher at all. Basically, I have no idea what version it is and I didn't look often enough to commit it to memory. I'll wait for a reply before messing with anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:20

Hello,

Ok, what if you use TS3W? It's located in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Base Game\Bin.
If you get an error starting from that location, reinstalling the base game is probably your only solution, though you can always try this patch first. Even if you've used it before.

If that doesn't work though, you'll have to reinstall the base game. Follow my instructions in my previous post to do so, and don't hesitate to let us know if anything comes up.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 21:01

Okay, so I installed the patch and now I have ANOTHER problem. I can open the launcher just fine but a few seconds after clicking play it gives me a popup saying "Enter you Registration Code here.                Please enter the entire Registration Code found either in your confirmation email, your game manual/product packaging, or game card." I tried the serial codes just in case even though it's asking for a registration code. What now?

Last edited by kiona123 on Mon 11 Jan 2016, 00:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't want to post a whole new reply.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:16

kiona123 wrote:Okay, so I installed the patch and now I have ANOTHER problem. I can open the launcher just fine but a few seconds after clicking play it gives me a popup saying "Enter you Registration Code here.                Please enter the entire Registration Code found either in your confirmation email, your game manual/product packaging, or game card." I tried the serial codes just in case even though it's asking for a registration code. What now?

Hello,

https://goo.gl/STC0zS

Please download the "Ultimate fix" from the link above. There is a subfolder named #Crack inside it. Copy the two files in it (TS3W.exe ad TSLHost.dll). Paste the files into the following location:

C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Replace the existing files when prompted. Then try the game again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 04:20

Didn't work. It still asks for a registration code. Should I just reinstall? That seems to be the only option now. Even the ultimate fix couldn't help. I swear I didn't do anything other than stop playing for a day or 2 and the second I come back, it decided to shun me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 12 Jan 2016, 09:36

Hello,

If you're asked for a registration code, something went wrong copying the crack. Please check to make sure that it actually replaced the original files. You can also make a screenshot of the folder, showing the "details" on the files inside, so we can have a look.

I don't think you should reinstall at this point.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game." Empty Pictures

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 00:43

I'm not quite sure on how to do it but I think I linked the picture.. I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:29

kiona123 wrote:I'm not quite sure on how to do it but I think I linked the picture.. I think.

Hello again,

If you meant to send us a screenshot, then the easiest way (probably) is to send it as an attachment. Write a post, then scroll down a bit. You should see the option "attach file". Click on the button "choose file", then navigate to your screenshot and confirm the choice by clicking on the button "send". 

Indeed, if you could show us where exactly you copied and pasted the files from the "Ultimate fix"; it would be cool. Very Happy

Other than that, feel free to check the forum's chatbox (preferably on the weekend), to see if I am there. You may need to check several times a day though. I will then attempt to help your via TeamViewer, and hopefully solve the problem.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:43

Would you look at that... Oh wait, you can't! I now have an error message from your site saying "Uploaded file is not valid: exceeded attachment maxsize (1024 kB)." It's a picture but it says it's too big. It's literally 1 picture so I'm not sure how it's too big. Nothing wants to work for me lol. I think I angered the technology God  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd. Be careful trying to help me guys, the technology God might make your stuff stop working too!  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ..... Why God. Please help me!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:50

kiona123 wrote:Would you look at that... Oh wait, you can't! I now have an error message from your site saying "Uploaded file is not valid: exceeded attachment maxsize (1024 kB)." It's a picture but it says it's too big. It's literally 1 picture so I'm not sure how it's too big. Nothing wants to work for me lol. I think I angered the technology God  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd. Be careful trying to help me guys, the technology God might make your stuff stop working too!  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd ..... Why God. Please help me!

You can also use an image hoster for uploading pictures.
http://imgup.net/

This one's probably easier to use than the built-in forum image host. Click on "Browse" or drag and drop your screenshot into the area designated. Wait a little and you should get an "image link". It looks like a normal web address. Please copy and paste that entire image link into a post here (correctly). Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 23:08

I have an idea! Hopefully it will work. I'm going to post the links of all the pictures because I took a picture specifically showing exactly what I was doing. Maybe I'm messing something up and I can't find my mistake. Here are the links!
Step 1, me in the ultimate crack folder getting the files: http://k48i.imgup.net/850761a.jpg
Step 2, me pressing copy and replace for both of the files into the S3 folder: http://h36i.imgup.net/8481e30.jpg
Step 3, me showing that both of the files copied without incident into the S3 folder:  http://c13i.imgup.net/84949f3.jpg
Step 4, showing that I still got the registration code error: http://c13i.imgup.net/84949f3.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 23:16

kiona123 wrote:I have an idea! Hopefully it will work. I'm going to post the links of all the pictures because I took a picture specifically showing exactly what I was doing. Maybe I'm messing something up and I can't find my mistake. Here are the links!
Step 1, me in the ultimate crack folder getting the files: http://k48i.imgup.net/850761a.jpg
Step 2, me pressing copy and replace for both of the files into the S3 folder: http://h36i.imgup.net/8481e30.jpg
Step 3, me showing that both of the files copied without incident into the S3 folder:  http://c13i.imgup.net/84949f3.jpg
Step 4, showing that I still got the registration code error: http://c13i.imgup.net/84949f3.jpg

OK, thanks for the screenshots, though I was actually hoping to see if there was anything "off", but as it seems, it looks alright. Unless I actually look via TeamViewer into that, it's impossible to verify anything that might be going on, in your system. Feel free to check the forum's chatbox on the weeekend (as I stated above). Smile

I'm curious though as to why you even got that message about "re-installing the base game" in the first place ? Is your base game of The Sims 3 on Origin ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 23:29

Nope! I do all of my torrent business with you guys. Your instructions keep me coming back. Every other torrent has weird useless instructions and it's every potato for themselves. I'm good with technology but not enough to light up any light bulbs. (haha, potato joke).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 15 Jan 2016, 09:53

Hello,

It's probably a good idea to have someone take a look with Team Viewer at this point. If you need more information about how that works, check out this page.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Jan 2016, 20:27

I'd also like to add, @kiona123, that you can create screenshots of computer screens without actually using a camera or smartphone. Smile

Use this tool here for example:
https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html

Install the program. Using it should be straightforward. But once it is installed, press Prt-Scr on your keyboard, and you will see that the screen is a bit grey. Now draw a rectangle with your mouse, over the area you want to make a screenshot of, and then you can save the pictures. Which you then, in turn, can upload. 

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 04:29

If you still need to reinstall the game, please be sure to copy and paste the sims 3 documents folder to your desktop for a back up. That way, you will at least have your saved games in a seperate location. Having someone assist you in team viewer is probably the easiest way to correct the issue you are having.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 04:39

Thank you! Although I'm not sure what to look for exactly. I looked on their .org site but I never saw an "online" button like the instructions say. And I kept the page up for both Saturday and Sunday. Does the button only appear when they're on? If so, precisely where will I see it on the page? I looked constantly in all of the drop down sections on the home page to see if anything popped up but I never saw anything. I read the instructions but I still don't know what it would look like or if I'm even looking in the right place.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Jan 2016, 04:48

kiona123 wrote:Thank you! Although I'm not sure what to look for exactly. I looked on their .org site but I never saw an "online" button like the instructions say. And I kept the page up for both Saturday and Sunday. Does the button only appear when they're on? If so, precisely where will I see it on the page? I looked constantly in all of the drop down sections on the home page to see if anything popped up but I never saw anything. I read the instructions but I still don't know what it would look like or if I'm even looking in the right place.

What you were looking at was the long-obsolete "Live Support". It is still on the site, but it has become obsolete years ago already, actually. Now, we prefer doing "TeamViewer" sessions. For that, you must look at the top of the forum's main page, where the chatbox is located.

"Unable to start. Please reinstall the base game." Screenshotcc8b

Click on "Log in", but only if you see me or one of the team members on the left-hand side of the chatbox. You can clearly see the persons on the chatbox, on that left part of the screen.

And as mentioned, you should preferably check the chatbox on weekends, when me and the rest of the team members are more often online. Also make sure to check at different times of the day. Once we are all in the chatbox, we will give you further instructions, no worries.

Also, you should indeed back up the stuff that @LoriliHime mentioned in her reply before. You don't want to lose your savefiles and/or mods/CC and whatnot. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jan 2016, 05:01

Ohhh... I think I was looking not only at the wrong thing but on the wrong site entirely.. And I will. I have a lot of mods that were actually a hassle to find. Thanks for the advice you guys! 
*EDIT*
Turns out I already backed it up lmao. I just put them in a weirdly named folder.. for some reason. I don't know, I'm weird and I'm just going to blame my forgetfulness on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 00:17

kiona123 wrote:Ohhh... I think I was looking not only at the wrong thing but on the wrong site entirely.. And I will. I have a lot of mods that were actually a hassle to find. Thanks for the advice you guys! 
*EDIT*
Turns out I already backed it up lmao. I just put them in a weirdly named folder.. for some reason. I don't know, I'm weird and I'm just going to blame my forgetfulness on that.

Update:

I looked via TeamViewer into this, and decided to do a manual removal of all Sims 3 installation elements, according to this guide here. I'll leave it up to you, @kiona123, to re-install those games. Very Happy  Good luck, and again, make sure to do it carefully, and take your time.

For the future, here is a link to Games4theworld's "Your Un-installer pro", which can safely uninstall (almost) anything:
https://goo.gl/NOuXXT

Install the program according to the included instructions. Open the program, and in the main window double-click on a program you want to un-install. Follow the on-screen instructions and select SUPER MODE (nothing else !). Follow through, and after it is completely finished, re-boo the computer. If you have several programs to uninstall, just uninstall them all in one go (without re-booting in-between each program). And after you are done with all these programs, then you can re-boot, at the end.

Hope this helps you for the future. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top