Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start, please reinstall The Sims 3 base game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start, please reinstall  The Sims 3 base game. Empty Unable to start, please reinstall The Sims 3 base game.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 09:21

I've installed The Sims 3 base game. And I downloaded TS3 High End Loft Stuff. I followed the instructions provided. It says I will need to update it after I open the launcher. But when I open TS3 HELS launcher, I get a msg "unable to start, please reinstall TS3 base game".

I've already installed TS3 base game. So what is the problem here? How can I fix it? Thanks.

MOD EDIT : Topic moved, to the right section.
-NARONG30

Back to top Go down

Unable to start, please reinstall  The Sims 3 base game. Empty Re: Unable to start, please reinstall The Sims 3 base game.

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 12:43

Try restarting you're pc.
Might not be able to run on you're operating system, try upgrading, or uninstalling Ts3, Restart, then install again, or try a different torrent.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start, please reinstall  The Sims 3 base game. Empty Re: Unable to start, please reinstall The Sims 3 base game.

Post by Admin Wed 25 Aug 2010, 14:06

Hello,

No, this problem isn't caused by the torrent.
First try to Install our Ambitions release from www.games4theworld.org , as it should fix the problem(s).
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 15:56

I have tried Bud's help but it still not working after restarting my pc.

Okay I see your advice, will try it out soon. Thanks Admin!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 16:47

Now I have this problem, when I start The Sims Ambitions I can't update it. Has the same problem with High End Loft Stuff too. Can I just install without updating it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 25 Aug 2010, 16:49

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 17:03

Thanks, by the way it is optional to install the expansions in the correct order from World Adventure > High End Loft Stuff > Ambitions right?

Now that you suggest me to install Ambitions first, can I install High End Loft Stuff later without problems? Or should I install it first then next Ambitions and apply the cracks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 25 Aug 2010, 17:05

Hi,

Well, originally the order has to be: The Sims 3, WA, HELS, Ambitions. But I don't think there will be any problems if you use a different order.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Aug 2010, 17:51

Hi,

Installed TS3 & Ambitions, and followed instructions provided with the cracks and the registry change. Next, launching the TS3 Ambitions and says this TS3 base game is not compatible with the expansion pack, need to update TS3. Downloaded the update and installed it. After installing get an error message.

This means I can't update TS3. I can only play the base game without the expansion packs. It's okay though, at least I tried but no luck comes to me.

pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 25 Aug 2010, 21:34

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Aug 2010, 00:28

Hi,

I'm running Win. Vista. I can't find this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims

Instead I got this, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Sims

and make sure this was correct too,

The Sims 3 base game...........: 2
The Sims 3: World Adventures...: 2
The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff: 1
The Sims 3: Ambitions..........: 1

but still can't play Rolling Eyes

By the way, I only installed The Sims 3 base game and Ambitions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 26 Aug 2010, 21:59

Hello,

What do you mean "but still can't play"? You need to be more specific, you have an other error now?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Aug 2010, 17:59

Umm, I mean after Installing TS3 and Ambitions and applying the latest crack files I was still unable to play the game. I have followed all instructions correctly.

Now when I want to update TS3 to the latest version after downloading, then after finish installing I get the error 0x80040702, Dsetup. Now this prevents me from updating TS3 and I can't install Ambitions. Maybe it's my computer problem I guess? Because I've tried all possible ways to get it work but it's not working. Guess I should just give it up and only play TS3 base game. Haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 27 Aug 2010, 18:32

Hi,

Ok, and you applied this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/fixes-f18/the-sims-3-error-0x039e8474-fix-t451.htm#3057

"Never give up, there's always a solution." Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top