Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

patches and installing -wrong region

View previous topic View next topic Go down

patches and installing -wrong region Empty patches and installing -wrong region

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 01:55

Hi.
   I downloaded the 1.42 patch which said it was for all regions but when i tried to  install, it said it was the wrong region. I tried to follow the guide on how to change the region code, looking for the SKU as stated but it is not there. Any suggestions would be grateful. (My game crashes if I try to install seasons so just want the patch itself)

Back to top Go down

patches and installing -wrong region Empty Re: patches and installing -wrong region

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 02:02

The G4TW Sims 3's patch region is Worldwide if I remember it correctly? Or European? I remember some UK patches worked too.

Been a long time since I installed the game so I don't know but it's really not that hard to tell. Just try all the regions one by one, trial and error does the trick.

Back to top Go down

patches and installing -wrong region Empty Re: patches and installing -wrong region

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 02:07

condor wrote:Hi.
   I downloaded the 1.42 patch which said it was for all regions but when i tried to  install, it said it was the wrong region. I tried to follow the guide on how to change the region code, looking for the SKU as stated but it is not there. Any suggestions would be grateful.

Hello,

What is the filesize of that patch you downloaded ? I assume it's between 200-300 MB. This is a so-called incremental patch then - for which there are "Regions"; only the big "super-patch" (filesize over 1GB) is "region-free" Wink.

While I don't know how to change the registry in this case, you may have a look at this here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/patch-1-42.html

There are links for incremetal- and the super-patches. If you want to use the small incremental one, you probably need
Region 2 (Europe, Australia & rest of the world), but I actually can't tell for sure, to be honest.

//EDIT

OK, if you want to change the registry, this may be what you need: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t177-can-t-find-the-sims-3-sku-fix

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

patches and installing -wrong region Empty RE:patches and installing -wrong region

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 02:23

Thank you, Carlos G.
   I'll take a look when i get home tonight. Unfortunately the work computer blocks the site oyu mentioned so that is out. (No internet at home) lol!!!!!!  (Oh, the file size was somewhere around 300.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 02:27

condor wrote:Thank you, Carlos G.
   I'll take a look when i get home tonight. Unfortunately the work computer blocks the site oyu mentioned so that is out. (No internet at home) lol!!!!!!

Hello,

Which site is blocked ? Do you mean "Crinrict's blog" ? Shocked

Or the one called "Sims VIP" ? (I've posted the Sims VIP-link first, but then changed the link to Crinrict's blog, because the first link didn't always work).

But alternatively, you may want to google for other sites too which have the 1.42 patch with its different versions.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

patches and installing -wrong region Empty RE:patches and installing -wrong region

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 02:34

Both sites are blocked due to them being gaming sites. I have been looking for a site that has them that isn't a gamer but it is hard. Many thanks for oyur help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top