Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time playing and can't start a new game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First time playing and can't start a new game Empty First time playing and can't start a new game

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 19:57

Hello,(please excuse me for my bad english)
I nicely followed instructions to ''how to download sim 3 and expansions''...SO,,I have installed following expansions and stuffs:Ambitions,Supernatural,Seasons,70s&80s&90s , Katty Perry ,High end loft, Master suite and diesel stuff.My problem is after  I have installed it, i started the game but when i come to the part when I have to choose a town(and make sims),there is no picture(to choose towns) and button ''start a new game'' turns grey. AND there is no option to choose from...HELP, I re-installed it like 4 times and it goes the same. No

INFO:
I run windows XP
Graphic card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Back to top Go down

First time playing and can't start a new game Empty Re: First time playing and can't start a new game

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:01

What version is your game? Hover over the base game icon in the launcher...

Back to top Go down

First time playing and can't start a new game Empty Re: First time playing and can't start a new game

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:06

It is 1.50, I used the fix and updater from this site..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:13

Ok, let's try something.
First, go to Documents\Electronic Arts. Copy the "The Sims 3" folder to your desktop. Rename the original one to "The Sims 3_Backup".
Then restart your game.
Is the error gone now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:40

Sorry, didn't help. Should I restart my Comp?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 21:51

No need for now.
Please check your graphic card is up to date...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 22:28

ankica wrote:Hello,(please excuse me for my bad english)
I nicely followed instructions to ''how to download sim 3 and expansions''...SO,,I have installed following expansions and stuffs:Ambitions,Supernatural,Seasons,70s&80s&90s , Katty Perry ,High end loft, Master suite and diesel stuff.My problem is after  I have installed it, i started the game but when i come to the part when I have to choose a town(and make sims),there is no picture(to choose towns) and button ''start a new game'' turns grey. AND there is no option to choose from...HELP, I re-installed it like 4 times and it goes the same. No

INFO:
I run windows XP

Hello,

What is the language of your game ?

Right now we seem to have lots of people (with non-English language versions of the game) who have similar problems.

If it's not in English, then you can try un-installing again, but when you re-install the base game, select "English". And when you install the expansions, you will not get a "language option" when installing the game (= the expansions will automatically have "English" as their language).

See if this changes anything.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 23:03

Shamrock wrote:No need for now.
Please check your graphic card is up to date..

Last update was 14.3.2013. Should I update it?

//EDIT

Carlos G. wrote:
ankica wrote:Hello,(please excuse me for my bad english)
I nicely followed instructions to ''how to download sim 3 and expansions''...SO,,I have installed following expansions and stuffs:Ambitions,Supernatural,Seasons,70s&80s&90s , Katty Perry ,High end loft, Master suite and diesel stuff.My problem is after  I have installed it, i started the game but when i come to the part when I have to choose a town(and make sims),there is no picture(to choose towns) and button ''start a new game'' turns grey. AND there is no option to choose from...HELP, I re-installed it like 4 times and it goes the same. No

INFO:
I run windows XP

Hello,

What is the language of your game ?

Right now we seem to have lots of people (with non-English language versions of the game) who have similar problems.

If it's not in English, then you can try un-installing again, but when you re-install the base game, select "English". And when you install the expansions, you will not get a "language option" when installing the game (= the expansions will automatically have "English" as their language).

See if this changes anything.

I have already installed it in English..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Jun 2013, 23:32

@ ankica:

Did you download your games from "Games4TheWorld" ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 09:32

Yes I did..From Pirate bay site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 09:54

What is your graphic card?
If there is a button to update your graphic card, please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:15

I update it to 21.3.2013. I tried to update it again but it can't go further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:19

We're talking about the graphic card, right? Not the game?
If so, does your game work now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:45

Yes, I update it( I went control panel >system>hardware>device manager and there I found my graphic card and update it). And no, my game does not work, still  the same problem No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:01

Do you mind using team viewer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:17

what is team viewer and how to use it? Embarassedconfused

EDIT:
I tried to install it but my AVG antivirus says its virus, so I can't install it.confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:21

It is a software to enable remote control on a pc.
I can help you in an hour, we can do a session if you want. You need to download the software from their website. Then you don't need to install it (clicking run will do).
Then I will need your ID and password session (showing on the app main screen, and changing every time you run the app), that you can send me through PM.
If you agree to do it, I would explain every thing I do before doing it so you know what I do with your pc! Wink

//EDIT: Helped through Team Viewer: the problem was that all games were not installed in the same folder.
Problem seems solved now!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2013, 07:20

Shamrock wrote:
//EDIT: Helped through Team Viewer: the problem was that all games were not installed in the same folder.
Problem seems solved now!

Hello,

Just a quick question: what do you mean by "not in the same folder" ? Do you mean not all of the files were in C:\Program files\Electronic Arts ?

If yes, until now I thought this doesn't matter - you could even have some expansions on external hard-drives, as long as the drive letter doesn't change itself (by plugging out the drive, a power outage, etc.); but OK...

I think we should leave that topic open for a while.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jun 2013, 09:39

No, she had everything in D:\Ingre, but then base game was installed in D:\Ingre\Thesims3, ambitions and all were in D:\Ingre\sims3 expansions, and so on...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Jun 2013, 09:42

Shamrock wrote:No, she had everything in D:\Ingre, but then base game was installed in D:\Ingre\Thesims3, ambitions and all were in D:\Ingre\sims3 expansions, and so on...

Shocked now I'm a bit surprised; unless you really change the installation path, all games should be installed in their right sections. OK, maybe if you download the games from other uploaders, then there might be issues with the filepath (I had this once with "Supernatural")...

Alright, then Very Happy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top