Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."  Empty Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."

Post by Guest Mon 26 Dec 2016, 05:57

Ever since July 18th, 2016, I have been unable to play the Sims 4.

This is from the installation guide PDF from that fix:

Updates your game to version 1.20.60.1020 of The Sims 4. Also adds: Luxury Party Stuff Pack, Outdoor Retreat DLC,
Holiday Celebration Pack, Newcrest, Perfect Patio, Spa day Pack, Kitchen stuff, Movie Hangout stuff, Romantic Garden stuff and Kids Room stuff.

I have added folders to the exception list of Avast.

I have copied the “__Installer”, “Data”, “Delta”, “EP01”, “EP02”, “FP01”, “Game”,
“GP01”, “GP02”, “GP03”, “Soundtrack”, “SP01”, “SP02”, SP03”, “SP04”, “SP05”, SP06”, SP07” and “Support”
folders from the provided .rar file, to the folder where The Sims 4 was installed/moved to.

I have copied and replaced the old files with the updated ones.

I am positive I've done everything correctly..... If not, I'm not sure if I should delete everything and just start fresh... I've referred to this post, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24079-run-the-game-as-administrator-if-it-is-the-first-time-you-start-it-always-make-sure-origin-client-is-not-running , and I don't even have Origin at all... 

I have also attempted to remove downloaded lots/houses... I have never downloaded anything with CC. I don't have many downloaded lots/houses, only about 10-15. All these things were found in the Tray folder (.bpi files and such), so I cut them all and moved them to a safe spot on my desktop. I thought that would do the trick but alas, I still get the same error.

However, rereading this PDF, I may have installed the files in this step, even though I probably shouldn't have, because this is the second ultimate fix I've downloaded:
Inside the install folder “The Sims 4”, open the subfolder called “__Installer”. From here, navigate to
vc\vc2013\redist. You’ll see two files called “vcredist_x86.exe” and “vcredist_x64.exe”. Double-click on them
both and install them. If you did this in the past already, you don’t need to repeat this however.

To summarize... I have removed mods/downloaded lots/houses, and made sure folder were added to my exceptions list (they were already added in the first place anyway, this is my second time installing an "ultimate fix")... I'm not sure what else to do.....

Please help me, Carlos ghostm4n!!

Back to top Go down

Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."  Empty Re: Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Dec 2016, 04:00

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Have you made sure Origin is completely closed when trying to run the game?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."  Empty Re: Always get either "Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it...." or "game data is missing or damaged."

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 06:34

I don't have Origin at all! Never had it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2016, 09:25

I'm also getting the same message Error. I just tried installing City Living and it won't start. I'm on a mac and it's telling me to run as administrator, I have origin in my wrapper because it helps me run the game but I never actually run origin. I think the game just uses the file. But I need help too!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:16

L4Z3R R4V3R wrote:I don't have Origin at all! Never had it...

You are using WinRAR for extracting .rar files, I hope? Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:22

I have found a fix for this simply:

Go to your program files folder where in installed the sims 4 right click and cut the whole folder and paste it in the program files folder basically out the electronics folder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:26

pizzamami wrote:I have found a fix for this simply:

Go to your program files folder where in installed the sims 4 right click and cut the whole folder and paste it in the program files folder basically out the electronics folder

Hello and welcome to the Forum @pizzamami!

While we mentioned that (i.e. moving the install folder of The Sims 4 out of "Electronic Arts") in the installation guides, I didn't know that this could be an issue as well, for this specific error. Thanks a lot for sharing this! Very Happy  I'm sure it can help other users too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 21:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
L4Z3R R4V3R wrote:I don't have Origin at all! Never had it...

You are using WinRAR for extracting .rar files, I hope? Very Happy
Yes, I am using WinRar.
pizzamami wrote:I have found a fix for this simply:

My Sims 4 folder has always been out of the Electronic Arts folder. The folder was always directly under Program Files. BTW, should it be under Program Files, or Program Files (x86)? Right now it is under (x86). Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 21:51

It can be anywhere on your PC, even external drives or an USB-stick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 00:23

Tarac wrote:It can be anywhere on your PC, even external drives or an USB-stick
If I were to move it, should I still add its location to the exceptions list in my antivirus? I'm using Avast

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:19

L4Z3R R4V3R wrote:My Sims 4 folder has always been out of the Electronic Arts folder. The folder was always directly under Program Files. BTW, should it be under Program Files, or Program Files (x86)? Right now it is under (x86). Thanks.

Try moving your "The Sims 4" folder under C:\Program files, and then try the TS4_x64.exe for running the game. Smile  And yes, you still have to re-configure your exclusions, to accomodate the new folder-location.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 03:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
L4Z3R R4V3R wrote:My Sims 4 folder has always been out of the Electronic Arts folder. The folder was always directly under Program Files. BTW, should it be under Program Files, or Program Files (x86)? Right now it is under (x86). Thanks.

Try moving your "The Sims 4" folder under C:\Program files, and then try the TS4_x64.exe for running the game. Smile  And yes, you still have to re-configure your exclusions, to accomodate the new folder-location.
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I have moved my "The Sims 4" folder to C:\Program files, and no luck still Sad I have tried to start up both TS4 and TS4_x64, as well as running both as administrator. What should I do now? Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 06:44

Is it also okay that I have it on another drive, and not the C drive?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:43

L4Z3R R4V3R wrote:Is it also okay that I have it on another drive, and not the C drive?
It should be no problem at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top