Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED] Empty Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 15:06

I have my own copy of sims 3 base game and downloaded all 17 expansions. I installed it following directions very carefully.

I load up the game, choose appaloossa plains, and it starts loading the town. it loads the bar up almost to the very end, then just sits there like that forever. Ive tried waiting, hitting windows button and clicking on it again, still stuck there. I really want to play my game.

I havent gotten any mods yet either.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 15:15

Have you tried this with other towns? Is it the same?

Also, are your setting set on high or low?

Back to top Go down

Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops at town loading screen aprox. 98% [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 15:27

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just deleted the game cache files and tried loading up bridgeport instead, it seems to be stuck as well. The loading circle keeps spinning, the game tips keep scrolling, but the music stops and the bar seems to sit there loading only to the very last bit.

I'll try making my settings lower, then load up twinbrook, as that was the last town to work for me last time i had the game installed. It seems the least demanding of the towns.

//EDIT

Also, task manager says the game is running, and even with firefox running my cpu usage is a max of 38%.

//EDIT

Setting the graphics down made it load! Thank you so much! Ive been struggling with this since October!

Very Happy thank you so so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 17:19

You're very welcome!!! I am glad I could help and enjoy your game now! Happy simming buddy! The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top