Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 02:44

Hello,

So here is the pb, I've installed the game and followed the steps but each time i try to launch it (with the launcher or the short cut) the screen goes black, then it asks me if I want to continue or quit (I obviously choose to continue lol..) and when I click on it the game crashes. I don't even get to the loading stage to choose my family.
Here what I've already done:
-Reinstall everything from base game to Generation in the right order (i.d. generation in second before the others expensions)
-Put the crack in the base game folder
-Fix the DEP

I really don't know what i should do now. Could someone help me please. Thanks a lot

P.S: Excuse my spelling or wording, English is not my first language.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 03:37

Uninstal all The Sims 3 Base game + Expansion and Stuff..

1. Install The Sims 3 no updating or cracking
2. Install The Sims 3 Generations and update
3. Install All the other expansions and stuff
4. Copy The_Sims_3_fix # Crack in The Sims 3 Base game folder, talking about the # Crack folder no Generation or Base game
5. Open The Sims 3 World Adventure and update [last version 8.0.152.011001]
6. Copy The_Sims_3_fix # Crack in the Base game folder, # Crack folder no Generation or Base game

Works 100% , Good luck and have a nice game .

Last edited by Identity on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 03:05; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Generations keep crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 04:20

I would suggest a fresh installation of everything.

1. Uninstall all Sims 3 applications from your computer.
2. Delete Electronic Arts folder in Program Files, if it's still there.
3. Restart computer.
4. Install The Sims 3 base game, then Generations, then any other expansion pack you want. Only install them, don't do any patches or cracks!
5. After everything is installed, open the Sims 3 Launcher and update.
6. After updating, use the Generations crack from the file linked below (or you can just use the crack included with Generations expansion you downloaded) and place it in C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.
7. Play your game and enjoy!

Crack: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:39

Thanks a lot both of you, I'll try both method and see.
Identity you're saying:
1. Install The Sims 3 without updating or cracking
2. Intall The Sims 3 Generations and update
3. Intall All the other expansions and stuff
4. Copy The_Sims_3_fix # Crack in the base game folder, are you talking about the base game crack or the Generations crack?
5. Open the launcher but If I install everything the expansion that comes is the last one so Generation, I don't understand the World Adventure thing.
6. Copy The_Sims_3_fix # Crack in the Base game folder, once again which one? Base Game or Genenration Crack?

IDunc, in step 4 you're saying to install without patching or craking but the game ask me to update before intalling Generation. Can I still do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:55

P4E wrote:Thanks a lot both of you, I'll try both method and see.
Identity you're saying:
1. Install The Sims 3 without updating or cracking
2. Intall The Sims 3 Generations and update
3. Intall All the other expansions and stuff
4. Copy The_Sims_3_fix # Crack in the base game folder, are you talking about the base game crack or the Generations crack?
5. Open the launcher but If I install everything the expansion that comes is the last one so Generation, I don't understand the World Adventure thing.
6. Copy The_Sims_3_fix # Crack in the Base game folder, once again which one? Base Game or Genenration Crack?

IDunc, in step 4 you're saying to install without patching or craking but the game ask me to update before intalling Generation. Can I still do that?
Hello,

Yes, just update.

If it still doesn't work after that, try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-update-8-06-2011 (Read the new text)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 20:50

Hello,

So I did the "IDunc" method and it worked. I can play the game now. Now I just have to put my downloads and saves back but that's another story lol...

Thanks again for the help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2011, 21:25

No problem, I'm glad I could help. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun 2011, 02:49

No problem. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. I hope I helped myself with something ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:09

P4E wrote:Hello,

So I did the "IDunc" method and it worked. I can play the game now. Now I just have to put my downloads and saves back but that's another story lol...

Thanks again for the help
Hello,

They should be put back in: (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\...

For now, have fun playing and let us know if you have any more problems!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top