Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55 Empty CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 08:26

I've been running the manual patch and get this crc error please I really need help I can provide more information upon request

Back to top Go down

CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55 Empty Re: CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:11

Ok. Here's what to do.
¤ Get the latest Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the Base Game folder to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
¤ Open your Launcher, and go to the Update tab. Refresh, and update your game. If the update fails, get the latest Manual Patch and double-click on the .exe file.
¤ Once it's done, copy the files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.
Your game should now be up-to-date and working!

Back to top Go down

CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55 Empty Re: CRC Error incompatible files with base game crap when updating manuallly with 1.55

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 16:40

Shamrock wrote:Ok. Here's what to do.
¤ Get the latest Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the Base Game folder to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
¤ Open your Launcher, and go to the Update tab. Refresh, and update your game. If the update fails, get the latest Manual Patch and double-click on the .exe file.
¤ Once it's done, copy the files from the Crack folder of the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Hey now I'm getting an error message saying that the Sims 3 Launch has stop working

//EDIT

bump can anyone help me

Helper edit: please be patient, there is no need to "bump". We will help out whenever we can.

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:11

foreverxghosty wrote:
Shamrock wrote:Ok. Here's what to do.

Hey now I'm getting an error message saying that the Sims 3 Launch has stop working

Hello,

What happens if you double-click on the TS3W.exe in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (= the base game location) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:14

it loads and everything but I cant create any characters or what not

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:23

foreverxghosty wrote:it loads and everything but I cant create any characters or what not

OK, then.

Maybe I have overlooked it, but do you have any mods or custom content installed ? Keep in mind that most mods need to be updated when a new patch is released. In many cases it's enough to just download the updated mod (".package" file format), and then putting it into the "Packages" sub-folder of the "Mods" folder.

But try this here first: go to My documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder with the name "The Sim 3" (example: "The Sims 3_backup"). Then start a completely fresh savegame.

What about your latest Windows and especially graphics drivers ? Have you already downloaded and installed them ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 05:01

I don't have any mods installed and this is a first time install my computer was bought for gaming so it has the specs recommended

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2013, 05:20

foreverxghosty wrote:it loads and everything but I cant create any characters or what not

If I understood correctly, you actually managed to start the game, maybe you even managed to create a savefile ?

If renaming the folder "The Sims 3" doesn't help you, then I have to think more about this. Until then, you have to wait for another Helper - or for me. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 06:26

okay and I just bought a copy of the sims 3 but I'm not going to open until I see if it works or not but what do you suggest because I bought this damn game for 29.99 and I can take it back if I don't open it

//EDIT: I also notice that when I launch the TS3W.exe and when I get in-game I can not create a save. There are no options for a town to pic nor options available when I look through the options menu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:26

Please delete the following folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Then restart your game. Is your problem solved?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top