Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 06:48

Hi all,
I know you probably get a ton of these questions, but I've been googling for the past few days and still can't fully understand how to go about this. I've never used torrents before so I'm a total beginner. If you could direct me to threads with advice or give me some that would be amazing. Sorry!

So basically I downloaded The Sims 3 base game, the razor1911 one, and managed to get it installed and working. Now I'm wanting to update my game to the latest version, but I read that you shouldn't do it through the game launcher if you have a torrent? Why is that, and how can I update it? I've been reading stuff about this ultimate fix but I don't get what it is or what it does.

I'm also wanting to try downloading and installing an EP, probably either Seasons or Pets to start. How do I go about putting it into my game so it works ok?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:04

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:33

Thanks for that, only problem is I already have the sims 3 installed, cracked and working, but now I want to install an EP? Have you any steps for that? I see on that thread you TS3 and expansions all together.

//EDIT

Ok so I tried to install seasons, I followed the installation guide that
came with it. I installed the game it told me I had to update so I did
that. I then tried to do the crack, but I couldn't find the bin place
you've to put it into. I tried just putting it in when you first click
into The Sims 3 folder, where all the other folders are but that's not
working, it says I need a disk, help!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 16 Jan 2013, 22:41

"Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin" is where you need to put the crack. Where were you putting it?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:38

Hello,

Then you should re-read this again: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
DO NOT skip any steps and re-download both the manual patch and the Ultimate Fix.
Note that you may skip all "# Crack" folders that come with the downloads, except for the one that comes with the Ultimate Fix, as described in that post.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:18

Thanks I actually got it working eventually! I was putting the crack in the wrong place. I'm having another issue, but I'll post that in the in-game problems. Thanks all, for now! I'm sure I'll be back with more problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 22 Jan 2013, 18:41

Hello,

Glad to hear it's all working fine now!
Enjoy the game and please do let us know if you need more assistance! The Sims 3 Base Game: Need help with updating & installing EPs. [SOLVED] 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top