Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims running slow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims running slow Empty Sims running slow

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:25

Hi 

First of all; you guys are awesome, I just installed the sim3 with numerous expansion packs and it worked a treat. . But if you can help with out with this I will be very grateful. The sims game runs realllly slow on my laptop, I have included my specs below: 

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 
Processor : Intel Core i7 2640m CPU @2.8ghz
ram(installed): 8.0 gb
System type: 64 bit 
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6630M    -- found driver identifier .com 

When I first had the Sims3 base game it ran perfectly, after I installed a few expansion packs it became extremely slow. As you can see from the specs above, I should not have any issues running this game on my laptop. SO I am stumped...

Any advice is much appreciated

Back to top Go down

Sims running slow Empty Re: Sims running slow

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Jun 2013, 05:31

sinbad23 wrote:Hi 

First of all; you guys are awesome, I just installed the sim3 with numerous expansion packs and it worked a treat. . But if you can help with out with this I will be very grateful. The sims game runs realllly slow on my laptop, I have included my specs below: 

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 
Processor : Intel Core i7 2640m CPU @2.8ghz
ram(installed): 8.0 gb
System type: 64 bit 
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6630M    -- found driver identifier .com 

When I first had the Sims3 base game it ran perfectly, after I installed a few expansion packs it became extremely slow. As you can see from the specs above, I should not have any issues running this game on my laptop. SO I am stumped...

Any advice is much appreciated

Hello,

First of all, laptops are not made for gaming in the first place, but OK. What about your graphics card ? Is it an "integrated chipset" or do you maybe even have two graphics cards in your laptop ? Make sure to update all of your graphics drivers - and if you have two graphics cards, you have to search in the options of your graphics driver to basically "switch" the card when playing "The Sims 3" (= don't select the "integrated video card" for playing the Sims 3).

Besides: do you havy any mods installed ? If yes, make sure they are all up-to-date.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Jun 2013, 23:41

How would I know if I have two or one graphics cards?  I updated the drivers from Sony just before sending posting on this forum. 

I will check about switch the card when I load the sims as I left the options as default. 

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:35

right click computer then properties. It should take you to a window that shows what you have. Then you can click on the left on the first one on top, device manager, then click on display adapters and it will show you which one you have. Once you know the name you can either google it or go to the website of intel or whatever company made your graphics card.

The thing is that even though the sims 3 base game works perfectly, the more accesory and extentions you add, the more you demand of your pc or laptop so it is possible that with one or two or maybe three it works great, but add a four and it slows everything down. Also if you have a lot of custom content in sims3pack, that slows things down. Try to find package files or go through everything and just keep the things you need.

If it's a sims3pack file or too much of it, just try running it without cc and see if its still as slow as before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top