Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 18:31

Hi.
I decided to play again because I was so bored (got the flue, again..) and hadn't been playing for a few months and I didn't remember why, but when I started the game I remembered why. It loads reeaally slow. It takes about 10 minutes to load the beginning and if I start a new game it takes over 30 minutes to load the city I've chosen. Everything is just going really slow when I play in a household too.
I have downloaded a lot of things so I decided to uninstall a lot of things and a few worlds but that didn't help much, it just took a minute or two less when I create a sim and chose the clothes. I've cleared the caches and tried to play without my downloaded things but that didn't help either. The game haven't been this slow ever and it just makes it painful to play.
I've spent most of the day searching for solutions, try to make a household and uninstall things and I really can't find anything.
Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED] 2830496658

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Feb 2013, 19:23

Try backing up and removing this folder : "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3"

If that doesn't help at all, this thread has some possible help. I know it's not the same exact problem, but especially option/step 6 is something I'd suggest trying.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 running and loading really slow. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 21:03

Thank you, I'll try that!

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 19 Feb 2013, 22:42

You're welcome, and good luck! Smile
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 24 Feb 2013, 12:35

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
So, how is everything going so far?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:10

It's ok! Did what invalidusername said and now it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the city I've chosen or to a saved game so it helped a bit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:19

Hello,

Glad to here there's a (small) improvement.
Have you tried GameBooster already? Link: www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:47

Also, are you trying to load a custom world when its loading/running slowly? If you are, have you tried running just Sunset Valley, or another game-included world?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 23:05

Admin: No, I haven't. Think I'll give that a try!
invalidusername: I play in Sunset Valley most of the time but I also have a few custom worlds, it's loading/running slowly whatever I choose.

(Sorry for the late reply, my internet hasn't been working *sigh*)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 Mar 2013, 20:57

Hello,

It's OK, please let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 23:28

The game is running so I can play without any bigger problems. Thank you for the help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:52

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
You're welcome; enjoy the game and let us know if you need help again!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top