Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise,Mods issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise,Mods issue Empty Island Paradise,Mods issue

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 02:19

Hi,i recently downloaded Island Paradise from here last night(THANKS)Very Happy
the issue i have now is that i cant snorkel:my sim resets and ive tried everything. idk if a mod is the issue or which one to remove.Help

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise,Mods issue Empty Re: Island Paradise,Mods issue

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:23

Usually an outdated mod will cause issues. Like for me, I forgot I had a mod in and noticed my sim won't do the Survery option for the Lifeguard proffession. I would go through your mods folder and search the mod you have to see if it needs to be updated. Some mods don't need to be. But since this game is new, not many mods have been updated so you will probably have to delete some. I had to delete my book of talent Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Jun 2013, 05:22

lola390 wrote:Hi,i recently downloaded Island Paradise from here last night(THANKS)Very Happy
the issue i have now is that i cant snorkel:my sim resets and ive tried everything. idk if a mod is the issue or which one to remove.Help

Hello,

While I haven't downloaded this expansion yet, you could try this - if you think this issue is caused by a mod:

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and find a folder called "Mods". Then you rename it (example: "Mods_backup") - this will "deactivate" all your mods. Now start the game and see if anything changed.

If you see that everything works, then you can put your mods (usually in the ".package" file format !) back in one-by-one (you have to create a new Mods folder for now). Start the game then each time you put in a mod - and see if you have problems. If you DO have trouble, then just take out the mod you just put in previously. Smile  And then continue until you are finished with all your mods.

This might take time, depending on how many ".package" files you have, but you might want to give it a try, still. One thing that could help you too with ".package" files is "Delphy's Dashboard" (google for it). Maybe this tool can help you identify any corrupt .packages.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:24

For me Error Trap was the one creating problems every time I placed a family on a houseboat.
I removed it for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top