Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.NHD File Corrupted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.NHD File Corrupted Empty .NHD File Corrupted

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:42

Prior to this issue, I added an alien to my active family (for the first time). As soon as I did this, I saved the game and it all went downhill from there. I am running Windows 8.

When I try to load the specific save file on my game, it crashes. My backup file is also corrupted, even though it is the save file before the alien was added to the family. I have figured out which file in the folder Bridgeport.sims3 is causing the problem: Bridgeport_0x09ffe3d7.nhd

These files are located in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

What I would like to know is: Is there a way to restore this save if the .NHD file is corrupted?

Back to top Go down

.NHD File Corrupted Empty Re: .NHD File Corrupted

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 26 Jun 2013, 05:29

shypunkgrrl wrote:Prior to this issue, I added an alien to my active family (for the first time). As soon as I did this, I saved the game and it all went downhill from there. I am running Windows 8.

When I try to load the specific save file on my game, it crashes. My backup file is also corrupted, even though it is the save file before the alien was added to the family. I have figured out which file in the folder Bridgeport.sims3 is causing the problem: Bridgeport_0x09ffe3d7.nhd

These files are located in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

What I would like to know is: Is there a way to restore this save if the .NHD file is corrupted?

Hello,

First of all: ignore the separate .nhd files in the folders - if just one file is damaged, then you can delete everything else too. Crying or Very sad

If both your savefolders (the "regular" one + the one with the ".backup" ending) are damaged, then you can only put in a new save when you in the past backed it up in a safe place. Or you can even create a new savegame and put in your sims that you saved in the "bin" (in "edit town"-mode).

If you have done none of both (neither made an extra backup of your savefile nor saved your sims to the bin) then I'm afraid there is nothing you can do. Crying or Very sad

You should always make at least one extra backup of BOTH your savefiles (regular + backup) to an external place, like an external hard-drive or a USB-stick.

//EDIT

If you do have to make a completely new savegame, then don't add aliens to your family anymore. Most likely this is bugged.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 03:54; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 05:46

Okay Crying or Very sad thanks for your help Carlos.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:26

Hello,

Do you have WA? There is supposed to be a way to fix a corrupt save if you do. 
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)