Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED] Empty "Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 09:13

Hi everyone, so now that toddlers are back sims 4, i'm trying to install :
- sims 4 base game
- Get Together
- Get to work
- City Living
- Parenthood

I downloaded everything, but while dezipping the .rar files of the base game (before installing the game), it appears that there is one corrupted file. I've tried to ignore it, copy it anyway, but nothing works. When dezipping the Parenthood .rar files, it's telling me the same : that some package file is corrupted, the game needs it, so basically it'll never work.

So I'm currently re-downloaded everything from your website, but I don't know what else can I do in order to make this work ?

Thank you guys, and good day to everyone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

"Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:34

When a downloaded .rar files is corrupt whilst unzipping with WINRAR, you must re-download it again.
Use WINRAR to unzip, nothing else

Back to top Go down

"Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Corrupted file" while dezipping [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:37

Hi Tarac, thank you for your advice. I'm only using WINRAR to unzipp the files, but good to know that this is the one to use. Thanks.

I'm currently re-downloading everything, I'll let you know if it works Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:52

And you have to download Vampires as well, as the toddlers are included in that one. Smile
also the patch, found here   https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30367-the-sims-4-patch-level-1-30-105-1010-out-now#

enjoy

Last edited by Loonieloose on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 11:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addlink)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 14:24

Wow, I was wondering wether I had to download this one as well or not. Thank you, hopefully everything will be working out pretty soon  Very Happy

Oh, I've downloaded the ultimate fix as well, do I have to use it ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:05

NOOOOOOOO! Please dont, you will loose all your DLC's Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:09

For a manual with download-locations and how to install all G4TW downloads for the Sims 4, look HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:59

You guys rock, thank you so so much. Let's work on installing everything now Carlos is tha man Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 18:34

I've failed while unzipping the base game .rar that I redownloaded for the second time, with WINRAR. I don't get it  Why God.

EDIT : I was able to unzipp the .rar file. But while installing the base game, it says now that the "setup1.cab" file is corrupting, so the game is unabled to install itself correctly. I'm so desperate right now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jun 2017, 22:40

Naome wrote:I've failed while unzipping the base game .rar that I redownloaded for the second time, with WINRAR. I don't get it  Why God.

EDIT : I was able to unzipp the .rar file. But while installing the base game, it says now that the "setup1.cab" file is corrupting, so the game is unabled to install itself correctly. I'm so desperate right now
Hi,

Have you set the proper exclusions in your anti-virus as well as windows defender? The 'safest' method is to turn them completely off when downloading and installing. Since the corrupted message is still there, unfortunately, you need to re=download the torrent again. 

PS: How did you unzip it exactly? Two times corruption is odd unless the anti-virus 'messed' with it somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jun 2017, 10:28

Hi Ageha, I feel a bit lame now cause... yes... I forgot to add the exclusions in my anti virus software. And now that I did add those exclusions, well... I was able to start installing everything.
I now have a problem with downloading the patch 1.30 (something like that), I don't know why it won't start downloading, but other than that ... It looks fine for now. After finally downloading the patch, I'll try the hole game ... and see if it works or not.

Thank you anyway, I feel like a Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Jun 2017, 19:16

Everything is working out now, thanks so much, you can close this post Smile

Solutions for my problem (it might help someone else) :
- adding everyting in the exclusions in your anti virus
- unizziping in an individual way the file that is presumed "corrupted"

and everything will be working out !

Thanks again

Naome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 17:28

Hey @Naome ,

Glad to hear you've finally got it working now! Feel free to open a new topic if you have anymore problems/bugs.

Cheers! Smile

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top