Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The file is corrupted and unreadable

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The file is corrupted and unreadable  Empty The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 08:54

Hello! 
Yesterday I installed the Sims 3 and few expansion packs, it was working perfectly, but today it isn't working. 
When I run it I get this message:
The file is corrupted and unreadable  Screen10
The file is corrupted and unreadable  Screen11
and when I try to uninstall it I get this:
The file is corrupted and unreadable  Screen12

does anybody have any idea what could it be? I downloaded everything from this site and installed it correctly.

Back to top Go down

The file is corrupted and unreadable  Empty Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:18

Hello,

Before this error started happening, did you maybe move around the installed files/folders ? And what happens if you re-apply the Ultimate fix ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The file is corrupted and unreadable  Empty Re: The file is corrupted and unreadable

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:30

Carlos wrote:Hello,

Before this error started happening, did you maybe move around the installed files/folders ? And what happens if you re-apply the Ultimate fix ?

No, I didn't move any files around, I played it once. I tried re-applying it, but it didn't let me, it showed me that there was some kind of an error, I couldn't even go to other expansion packs' folders because I got the same error..I couldn't move anything in or out of the folder. 

I was searching the internet and I found some topic saying I should run cmd prompt and write something in so I did and it removed all of exp packs folders (Into the Future, Generations and Seasons) except Ambitions and The Sims 3 folder. I was able to uninstall it and now I'm reinstalling everything back to see where is the problem. Will inform you when I start the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 15:46

lephanaji wrote:
No, I didn't move any files around, I played it once. I tried re-applying it, but it didn't let me, it showed me that there was some kind of an error, I couldn't even go to other expansion packs' folders because I got the same error..I couldn't move anything in or out of the folder. 

I was searching the internet and I found some topic saying I should run cmd prompt and write something in so I did and it removed all of exp packs folders (Into the Future, Generations and Seasons) except Ambitions and The Sims 3 folder. I was able to uninstall it and now I'm reinstalling everything back to see where is the problem. Will inform you when I start the game.

You probably used the "chkdsk"-command for that ? That can sometimes help, but if it does, the drive can be used as before - so I'm not sure if the un-installation would have been really necessary in your case. I used that command myself once or twice because a folder that I pasted there from another drive wouldn't show up. After running the check, the drive was usable, and I could see + access this folder.

Good luck nonetheless. Smile

//EDIT

Did your drive have the letter "G:\" when you first installed TS3 on it - or did that drive have a different letter during the installation ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:03

Carlos wrote:
lephanaji wrote:

You probably used the "chkdsk"-command for that ? That can sometimes help, but if it does, the drive can be used as before - so I'm not sure if the un-installation would have been really necessary in your case. I used that command myself once or twice because a folder that I pasted there from another drive wouldn't show up. After running the check, the drive was usable, and I could see + access this folder.

Good luck nonetheless. Smile

//EDIT

Did your drive have the letter "G:\" when you first installed TS3 on it - or did that drive have a different letter during the installation ?

Yeah, that command. After I ran it, I tried running the game but I wasn't able to do it still, laucnher was messed up and few stuff were missing in "Bin" folder so I uninstalled it and tried again. Everything is working great, for now, hopefully forever. 

Yes I chose the G drive during the installation.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:43

lephanaji wrote:
Yeah, that command. After I ran it, I tried running the game but I wasn't able to do it still, laucnher was messed up and few stuff were missing in "Bin" folder so I uninstalled it and tried again. Everything is working great, for now, hopefully forever. 

Yes I chose the G drive during the installation.

The thing is, you might experience the same issue again at some point. I would suggest - if possible - to either free up more space on the C: drive, or to invest in a bigger hard drive and starting afresh there. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top