Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error) Empty Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error)

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 05:04

I have all previous EPs and SPs installed (except Katy Perry and Supernatural) with the fix applied.

I downloaded the Island Paradise EP from the forum post on this forum, unarchived with StuffitExpander, created a .dmg disk image with Disk Utility, copied all the files over to the image, ejected the image, mounted the image, and opened the installer. Everything goes well until I get to the actual "Installation" bullet on the installer. Then a message pops up reading:
The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise Compatibility error
The version of The Sims™ 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise.
I've also attached an image below.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the fix being applied.

Install Error Window
Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error) Mc0P1wa

EDIT
Overwrote the old fix files with the new ones from the "Base Game" and "All expansion packs released after and including Generations" folders, but still did not install.

I am currently in the process of updating to 1.55. Will report back later.

Back to top Go down

Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error) Empty Re: Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error)

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:37

wow..how did you it? I also use mac and I can't figure out how to make a .dmg ?Sad

Back to top Go down

Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error) Empty Re: Problem with Island Paradise Install (Compatibility error)

Post by Phoebe Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:01

ycar123 wrote:wow..how did you it? I also use mac and I can't figure out how to make a .dmg ?Sad

Hello,

We have a Mac Guide with pictures(yay!) that you can have any information about creating .dmgs, installing EP's and cracking the game. Please read this guide, especially the Second Part of it as it's about creating a .dmg.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 19:45

Update via the installer failed, in the process of downloading the manual update from the site. Will report back soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 20:07

I had the same issue, update your game and then install Island Paradise (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 22:33

Thanks Lou-Ann. I have a slow internet speed here so the manual updater just finished downloading. I'm in the process of starting the update now.
Fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 27 Jun 2013, 11:04

spaz926 wrote:Thanks Lou-Ann. I have a slow internet speed here so the manual updater just finished downloading. I'm in the process of starting the update now.
Fingers crossed.

Don't worry, it'll be okay. I had the exact problem on my Mac too right before instlling Island Paradise Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:04

Thanks, I had the same problem and this solved it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top