Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install. Empty Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install.

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 02:57

Hi guys!

First of all I want to say thanks for all the hard work you do, and apologize in advance for the headache I'm about to give. 

We have tried everything under the sun to figure out why this is happening but having no luck. For some reason since the new patch and expansion, custom lots installed are preventing the game from loading. The computer is on Windows XP, and everything was working fine prior to the patch and then install of IP. We have cleared cache files, tested each individual piece of custom content, worlds, hair, objects, clothes. With and without mods the game loads and plays fine. As soon as any custom lot is installed, the game will not launch. I've never come across this problem before, and all of these lots were installed previously, and worked just fine. We are even working with a fresh install of the entire game, because updating from the launcher didn't work. So we uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled, manually patched, and used the fix, and then IP was installed and cracked. Every thing worked fine until the installation of the lots. I don't understand why only certain pieces of custom content are breaking the game, it's not just one lot file, we tested with each individual lot one by one, and it's every single lot file. I'm hoping someone has an idea for us. Any help is appreciated! Thank you ~Bella

Back to top Go down

Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install. Empty Re: Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:24

SiMpLyBella wrote:Hi guys!

First of all I want to say thanks for all the hard work you do, and apologize in advance for the headache I'm about to give. 

We have tried everything under the sun to figure out why this is happening but having no luck. For some reason since the new patch and expansion, custom lots installed are preventing the game from loading. The computer is on Windows XP, and everything was working fine prior to the patch and then install of IP. We have cleared cache files, tested each individual piece of custom content, worlds, hair, objects, clothes. With and without mods the game loads and plays fine. As soon as any custom lot is installed, the game will not launch. I've never come across this problem before, and all of these lots were installed previously, and worked just fine. We are even working with a fresh install of the entire game, because updating from the launcher didn't work. So we uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled, manually patched, and used the fix, and then IP was installed and cracked. Every thing worked fine until the installation of the lots. I don't understand why only certain pieces of custom content are breaking the game, it's not just one lot file, we tested with each individual lot one by one, and it's every single lot file. I'm hoping someone has an idea for us. Any help is appreciated! Thank you ~Bella

Hello there,

If you feel you have narrowed down the cause of this problem to "custom lots", then I'm afraid there's not too much that you can do. Crying or Very sad

I suppose you have downloaded the lots from the "exchange" ? Well, first of all, many items from there corrupted one way or another - and there is nothing you can do.

But you can still try putting these custom lots into another town, maybe they will work then. You can also try downloading a few other lots, maybe you can find one which does work with your game.

As far as I'm concerned, I've just put in a custom house (from the exchange) into "Isla Paradiso", and I've seen no problems so far.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install. Empty Re: Problem with Custom Lots after patch and Island Paradise install.

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 05:54

We did narrow it down, and yes I was afraid that there would be nothing we could do. The problem is not with any worlds, the game will not even launch when a custom lot is installed. So we can't even get into the game to test what the problem is. 

None of the lots were downloaded from the exchange, we know about the corruption and avoid it like the plague. However I am aware that other people who create items on other sites do use things from there, so it's possible. Thanks for your suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Sun 30 Jun 2013, 06:03

SiMpLyBella wrote:We did narrow it down, and yes I was afraid that there would be nothing we could do. The problem is not with any worlds, the game will not even launch when a custom lot is installed. So we can't even get into the game to test what the problem is. 

None of the lots were downloaded from the exchange, we know about the corruption and avoid it like the plague. However I am aware that other people who create items on other sites do use things from there, so it's possible. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hello,

There is nothing that you can do for corrupted CC except deleting them, I am afraid. Where did you get those CC from?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:42

Hello,

I think I have some idea why the lots are giving you headaches. They have changed something about lots with the latest patch. If you look at the patch notes, under "base game updates", you'll notice that "Lots can now be partially placed on water", and I think that new feature may have wrecked existing custom lots.
My only suggestion is to find out if the original creator of those lots has reuploaded them.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Aug 2013, 22:40

I think you might be right, I will check it out and see if the problem has been resolved yet, it's not my issue but a friends. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Aug 2013, 05:15

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I think I have some idea why the lots are giving you headaches. They have changed something about lots with the latest patch. If you look at the patch notes, under "base game updates", you'll notice that "Lots can now be partially placed on water", and I think that new feature may have wrecked existing custom lots.
My only suggestion is to find out if the original creator of those lots has reuploaded them.
Hello,

It might be a bit late, but I can confirm that. In my game, I seem to have problems placing (some) custom lots - trying this results in "endless loading".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top