Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop Empty Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 14:38

Hello everyone,
I have problem with my Sims 3 game after I updated it with patch 1.55. Game is crashing to desktop every few minutes and says: Sims 3 stopped working. My pc satisfies high requirements, and everything was working perfectly until that patch I installed yesterday with Island Paradise. I uninstalled base game & expansions and reinstalled them, turned off DEP for all sims .exe files, deleted all custom content and ccache, and nothing helped, the game is still crashing. I'm desperate, please help me Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop Empty Re: Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 14:40

Do you have saved items/games you want to save?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop Empty Re: Sims 3 - Freezeng and crashing to desktop

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 14:43

Yeah, one saved game, but made after all this reinstallations, not before them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 15:03

Ok, my method will mean you losing your saved game...
Delete the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Then restart your game...
Hope it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 15:13

Thx, I'll try that, but I'll save it to another place in case that doesn't solve my crashing problem so I can put it back afterwards. I'll write here what happened after I test it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 15:18

Please do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 23:27

I'm having this same problem, I tried deleting the 'Electronic Arts' folder, and an error report comes up saying, your Sims 3 has stopped working. It was working fine before until I installed Sims 3 pets...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 01:10

I have the same EXACT problem. this did not happen before I installed the 1.55 patch and pets. I have only one other expansion pack which is university life. So its either something with the patch or pets expansion. I think its the patch however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 02:55

Another thing you can try is to rename the "The Sims 3" folder to something else like "Sims 3 Old" and then open the launcher. It will regenerate the Sims 3 folder and you will still have all of your CCs, mods etc in the old folder. If the game sill has problems you will know it not with any of the content. If it works you can start adding your CCs a little at a time until you find whats causing the problem. (Thanks to Nona's Sims for the tip, I had to use it a few times like when updating patches)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 10:29

Ok, you cannot delete the Electronic Arts folder, please re create it. I meant the 'The Sims 3' subfolder...
Behensks' suggestion is good, it creates a backup for your files, but from what I saw, anything you put back usually conflicts...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 14:26

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. I did that and the error is still coming up. Is there something I could of done wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 28 Jun 2013, 14:39

crystal94 wrote:Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. I did that and the error is still coming up. Is there something I could of done wrong?

This folder should be renamed: C:\Users\(The name of your computer)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
And if you don't wanna lose any of your saves, try to move your saves in the old Sims 3 folder back to the new folder.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 14:41

have you updated your graphics card?

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 28 Jun 2013, 14:42

soulsdown wrote:have you updated your graphics card?

I don't think it's the graphic card issue. Otherwise, they couldn't even play The Sims 3 before the patch 1.55 is released.
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 15:12

No but you added island life TOGETHER with the new patch so it may be a graphics issue....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 15:37

i have this kind of issue before, my game is still 1.50 and my latest expansion installed is pets... my game crashes and freeze to desktop...then after asking helpers i just figured out something...there are CORRUPTED CC's in My Documents Folder. I've done the 50/50 method and took me 3 hours to find the corrupted CC's. i got 300 CC and its pain in the @$$ XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 15:39

tahooba wrote:i have this kind of issue before, my game is still 1.50 and my latest expansion installed is pets... my game crashes and freeze to desktop...then after asking helpers i just figured out something...there are CORRUPTED CC's in My Documents Folder. I've done the 50/50 method and took me 3 hours to find the corrupted CC's. i got 300 CC and its pain in the @$$ XD

from what i understand from OP's post, is that there is no longer CC so that can't cause the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 28 Jun 2013, 16:08

soulsdown wrote:No but you added island life TOGETHER with the new patch so it may be a graphics issue....

This will just slow down the loading process and increases the number and intensity of lag spikes, soulsdown...
J.T.
J.T.
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 18:03

cat2006house wrote:
soulsdown wrote:No but you added island life TOGETHER with the new patch so it may be a graphics issue....

This will just slow down the loading process and increases the number and intensity of lag spikes, soulsdown...

No i meant that it could be due to graphics because it's not because it works with all except one that it will work perfectly with all of them. OP said he or she installed the patch with island paradise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 19:01

My Sims 3 was working perfectly fine before I never had any problems and if I did I'd usually figure it out. But when I installed Sims 3 pets and applied the crack, the error suddenly comes up and I can't seem to figure this one out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 14:21

Okay, it didn't work with deleting subfolders, but it worked when I repatched it with right manual patch (1.30gb, not with one 250mb). When I installed sims 3, game updated automaticaly with online patch and that was the problem. Now everything works fine, even the custom items. Manual patch just ran over already installed online patch, so it fixed the problem, game doesn't crash anymore Smile))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top