Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED] Empty black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 17:05

Right Im no stranger to downloading sims games, Ive downloaded every Sims 3 from you apart from the base game, and I thank you hugely you all do a great job Very Happy
Anyway since I downloaded island paradise, I did everything correct even manually updated It, anyway when I go to play I get a black screen and my mouse Is forever loading, the longest I waited was 20 mins!!!
Im so desperate to play NoNo

Please someone help me, It seems Im the only one with this problem No
I feel stupid asking for help.

Thanks
Leila xx

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

Back to top Go down

black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED] Empty Re: black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2013, 17:29

leila90 wrote:Right Im no stranger to downloading sims games, Ive downloaded every Sims 3 from you apart from the base game, and I thank you hugely you all do a great job Very Happy
Anyway since I downloaded island paradise, I did everything correct even manually updated It, anyway when I go to play I get a black screen and my mouse Is forever loading, the longest I waited was 20 mins!!!
Im so desperate to play NoNo

Please someone help me, It seems Im the only one with this problem No
I feel stupid asking for help.

Thanks
Leila xx

Hello there,

OK, at first you might try this here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Repeat the steps 2 -4. This means: re-apply that "manual patch", then re-apply the "Ultimate fix".

If that doesn't help try this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and RENAME the folder "The Sims 3", in any way you like (example: "The Sims 3_backup").

Then start the game and see if this changes anything.

Also: what about your latest Windows updates and especially your graphics driver updates ? Are they all up-to-date ?

By any chance, are you playing that game on a laptop computer ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED] Empty Re: black screen since downloaded island paradise (sims 3). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 17:37

sorry Carlos I had to see to my daughter, anyway I will try the ultimate fix and do the manual patch again and rename the folder Smile
Also Im using a hp pavillion laptop

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 27 Jun 2013, 17:41

leila90 wrote:sorry Carlos I had to see to my daughter, anyway I will try the ultimate fix and do the manual patch again and rename the folder Smile
Also Im using a hp pavillion laptop

No problem, as long as I'm online I don't really care, Wink but I have to log off again soon.

Until I'm back online, please try my suggestions. And: you could also post some system information about your laptop, especially your graphics card(s).

Good luck for now ! Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 17:44

Thanks Im just downloading the fix as we speak

thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:00

Hello,

Please let us know the result.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:56

wooooh hoooo its fixed!!!!! someone on the chatbox, oh I wish I knew his name he was my life saver!!!!! he told me to watch a video tutorial from you guys and it works!!!!
Im downloading lots of sims and houses as we speak im super excited!!!!
you guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Jul 2013, 10:17

Hello,

Good to hear that.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)