Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

island paradise black screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

island paradise black screen Empty island paradise black screen

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 22:39

everytime I try to play Paradise Island I get a black screen. I've tried reinstalling the manual patch, tried using the ultimate fix, I've uninstalled then re-installed and nothing. I'm assuming the issue is because of the patch because I was just playing Superstars the other day with no problem. I've read other peoples issues with the same problem and tried with they did but got nothing! someone please help! i have a 13 hour flight to Doha soon and I really want to spend most of my flight playing Paradise Island! Thank You in advance!

Back to top Go down

island paradise black screen Empty Re: island paradise black screen

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jul 2013, 22:51

anamaryymariaa wrote:everytime I try to play Paradise Island I get a black screen. I've tried reinstalling the manual patch, tried using the ultimate fix, I've uninstalled then re-installed and nothing. I'm assuming the issue is because of the patch because I was just playing Superstars the other day with no problem. I've read other peoples issues with the same problem and tried with they did but got nothing! someone please help! i have a 13 hour flight to Doha soon and I really want to spend most of my flight playing Paradise Island! Thank You in advance!

Hello,

At this moment, I'm testing this (extremely bugged) "Island Paradise" expansion - and the only thing I can tell you is how I solved this problem for me (I had that problem once too):

1) Re-boot your computer

2) After re-booting, lower the resolution of your computer screen to 1024 x 768.

3) Go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches", "Thumbnails" and "Currentgame.sims3" (if you don't find any content in Currentgame.sims3, then it's fine too).

After doing all of this, my game worked again, but I'm not sure if it can help you too - I'm still trying to figure out what's behind this.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 00:17

still didn't work :/

EDIT
my game loads up now but I'm getting the "no disc found" pop up once it loads. i know i need to download the ultimate fix and replace the #crack files, but I'm not too sure where to put the new .exe and .dll files because there's no folder for Island Paradise

Last edited by anamaryymariaa on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 06:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no disc found problem)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 07 Jul 2013, 10:43

Hello,

Those go into the base game bin.
I have a different experience with this matter. I don't have Island Paradise, but I did patch to 1.55 and after that I got a black screen on start up. 
If you have any custom lots (from the exchange or another 3rd party source) uninstall them and see if that helps.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 22:00

well, i followed steps 10 and 11 in the installation guide (via abode reader) and I'm still getting the "no disk found error" when i get into the game. Sad 

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not 100% on what it is. Ugghhh I just want to play IP sooooo bad! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jul 2013, 15:20

well my problem is kinda different but it is caused by sims 3 island paradise too ~ i was playing the game with Supernatural & Season & generation & late night & University and after sims 3 island paradise the game starts closing saying it stooped working in the middle of the game and sometimes i cant save the game it says error 12 cunslut readme or something like that and half of the game is Black screen !!!! it is troubling me i hate this ^^ but we will wait and see !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:40

Please open a topic of your own, especially if the problem is different...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top