Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

installing new expansions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

installing new expansions Empty installing new expansions

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 13:39

About a year ago I installed Sims 3 with all the expansions, I followed every step carefully, I have the no-cd cracked base game from tpb and then I created .dmg files for expansions using stuffit expander. Then I installed the expansions and then the manual update fix (because update accessed through game launcher freezed during the process) and after that I installed the rest of the expansions, which I couldnt before (because it said the base game is not updated) and then I applied the ultimate fix.

But not all of the expansions worked - for example I could adopt or design new pets but they were invisible. Some stuff from other expansions was just little black balls when bought. 

I want to know if I need to reinstall the whole game or can I just reinstall the expansions that don't work and then apply the update? It's been a while since I installed everything and I don't want to mess anything up with wrong procedure.

Also, I want to install new expansions which came out during the time since I last installed my game, how should I install them?
Is there any new (manual) update and/or ultimate fix?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

installing new expansions Empty Re: installing new expansions

Post by Guest Fri 28 Jun 2013, 15:42

I **** up the game trying to reinstall pets expansion so it would work.
Here is what I did:
1. I updatet the game via game launcher
2. tried to re-install the pets expansion, it said that the current update is incompatible with expansion
3. cracked it with crack provided here

the launcher starts, but the game won't, it says something about debugging.

I have a question for you: can I solve this with keeping the game on my computer and making the expansions (especially pets) work? Or should I just wipe everything off and start from scratch? This would be agonizing.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top