Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overwatch not fixing my problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

overwatch not fixing my problem Empty overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 03:48

I just started playing island paradise and noticed that after playing for about a minute or two my game will begin to lag. After doing some digging on the forums I tried resetting all sims to rule out the possibility of the game having unroutable sims and spawning too much stuff as the source of lag. Resetting all sims did eliminate my lag, so I installed the overwatch mod. 

I know the mod is working because it pops up saying "unroutable sim found: name".. But it has not helped my game play at all. This lag is terrible, and resetting sims every 2 minutes is annoying.

Help please!!! I just want to play Sad

Back to top Go down

overwatch not fixing my problem Empty Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:27

Hello,

I'm not sure Overwatch will reset unroutable sims as they appear but rather, once every sim-day. The same goes for all the inventory cars it removes.
What you can do is find out where most unroutable sims come from. When an unroutable sim is found, you'll receive a message in the upper right corner and clicking the portrait of the sim will take you to its location. 
You could find that it's a specific community lot that routes badly and a solution can be to change the lot type to "no visitors" if that's the case.
Are you playing the Island Paradise world? It could have bad routing, but there's no fix for that (yet).
Try getting Errortrap as well. It's not for routing issues per se, but it can help nonetheless.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:30

killerkittycat wrote:I just started playing island paradise and noticed that after playing for about a minute or two my game will begin to lag. After doing some digging on the forums I tried resetting all sims to rule out the possibility of the game having unroutable sims and spawning too much stuff as the source of lag. Resetting all sims did eliminate my lag, so I installed the overwatch mod. 

I know the mod is working because it pops up saying "unroutable sim found: name".. But it has not helped my game play at all. This lag is terrible, and resetting sims every 2 minutes is annoying.

Hello,

Lady Eldi is correct. Another mod that you can try is Nraas Master Controller, which can manage the population of your town. The mod provides manual interactions for altering sims either individually or en-masse so that lags can be largely reduced. If the unroutable problem persists, please let us know.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 09:49

pls also download the error trap mod from nraas and add it to the mod folder (packages) then start the game and start a NEW Game don`t use the ones you already have created.

i have done it and the lag reduce greatly.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 02 Jul 2013, 17:19

killerkittycat wrote:I just started playing island paradise and noticed that after playing for about a minute or two my game will begin to lag. After doing some digging on the forums I tried resetting all sims to rule out the possibility of the game having unroutable sims and spawning too much stuff as the source of lag. Resetting all sims did eliminate my lag, so I installed the overwatch mod. 

Hello,

What other mods from NRAAS do you have ? You might even temporarily go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the "Mods" folder. Start the game, and see if that helped.

If nothing changed, please exit the game and rename your Mods folder back to normal again ("Mods").

Please let me know the result, so that we can maybe go further.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:58

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure Overwatch will reset unroutable sims as they appear but rather, once every sim-day. The same goes for all the inventory cars it removes.
What you can do is find out where most unroutable sims come from. When an unroutable sim is found, you'll receive a message in the upper right corner and clicking the portrait of the sim will take you to its location. 
You could find that it's a specific community lot that routes badly and a solution can be to change the lot type to "no visitors" if that's the case.
Are you playing the Island Paradise world? It could have bad routing, but there's no fix for that (yet).
Try getting ErrorTrap as well. It's not for routing issues per se, but it can help nonetheless.
I downloaded errortrap and added the .package file to my mods/packages folder and haven't noticed any changes (although I only booted the game up for 30 seconds). Are there any settings I need to enable with this mod? After I write this I will try the "no visitors" thing. I am playing the Island Paradise world Razz
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Lady Eldi is correct. Another mod that you can try is Nraas Master Controller, which can manage the population of your town. The mod provides manual interactions for altering sims either individually or en-masse so that lags can be largely reduced. If the unroutable problem persists, please let us know.
I added Master Controller to my packages folder. I can see it when I click on my sim, but what options would you recommend for me to edit to notice improvement? 
Carlos G. wrote:
Hello,

What other mods from NRAAS do you have ? You might even temporarily go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the "Mods" folder. Start the game, and see if that helped.

If nothing changed, please exit the game and rename your Mods folder back to normal again ("Mods").

Please let me know the result, so that we can maybe go further.
Since reading this post I now have all of the following mods:
nointro.package
NRass_ErrorTrap.package
NRaas_MasterController.package
NRass_Overwatch.package

I did not try renaming the mods folder yet because I know that my mods are working since I can see the NRaas options when I click my sim

Thanks for all of the replies

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:20

Hello,

You can try this option: Clean All: Cleans all cleanable items, and throws away all disposable ones.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down