Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island Paradise Freezing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise Freezing Empty Island Paradise Freezing

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 23:17

When I installed Island Paradise (and the Patch and Ultimate Fix) yesterday, it worked fine for the day and into the night. This morning, however, it started freezing.

It freezes randomly and when I ctrl+Alt+Delete it fraks up my screen and I have to just shut down my computer because sometimes the manager will show up and (most times) it won't. One time it even adjusted the size of the game on-screen to 800x600, so it doesn't fill the whole screen anymore.

I have 4 resorts and two houseboat residences. Since I put in the second houseboat, it freezes automatically once it loads.

I have deleted all caches, removed all CC and mods, and updated my graphics card. I even lowered the in-game graphics. After I restarted Sims, it just froze upon loading my family.

I tried doing all the stuff like ending unnecessary processes and turning off my Microsoft Security Essentials. But nada.

If anyone can help or has had a similar problem, please help! This is the best game ever.

Back to top Go down

Island Paradise Freezing Empty Re: Island Paradise Freezing

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 00:56

1 - You did everything, but restarting your computer, huh? Very Happy

If it doesn't work then just:

2 - Just remove your whole EA folder from ''My documents''.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Mon 01 Jul 2013, 05:11

treeson wrote:When I installed Island Paradise (and the Patch and Ultimate Fix) yesterday, it worked fine for the day and into the night. This morning, however, it started freezing.

It freezes randomly and when I ctrl+Alt+Delete it fraks up my screen and I have to just shut down my computer because sometimes the manager will show up and (most times) it won't. One time it even adjusted the size of the game on-screen to 800x600, so it doesn't fill the whole screen anymore.

I have 4 resorts and two houseboat residences. Since I put in the second houseboat, it freezes automatically once it loads.

I have deleted all caches, removed all CC and mods, and updated my graphics card. I even lowered the in-game graphics. After I restarted Sims, it just froze upon loading my family.

I tried doing all the stuff like ending unnecessary processes and turning off my Microsoft Security Essentials. But nada.

If anyone can help or has had a similar problem, please help! This is the best game ever.

Hello,

Have you tried this?
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 06:08

Thanks, guys! I've had to re-install and download the games (because I decided to clean out the registry and deleted Sims from somewhere extra, whoops) , so if that issue comes up again I'll try those.

Kudos to the prompt suggestions!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top