Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix Empty Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:05

Hello!

I just downloaded the sims 3 island paradise from games4theworld. Upon playing the game freezes and lags every 10 seconds making it unplayable. I know there is a thread about this problem but the fixes doesnt work for me. My Laptop specs are
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2ghz
Nvidia Geforce 630M
4 GB DDR3 Memory

I think my pc specs are sufficient enough to run the game on high graphics and this problem makes me sad.

Tried all fixes listed on how to install the sims 3 correctly but no help
My current installed expansion packs are pets, high end loft stuff, fast lane stuff,university life,generations,late night,showtime

Any help  Help  will be appretiated. Thanks

Last edited by kratosthewargod on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix Empty Re: Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:07

hi can u try to change ur graphics settings to medium i think this may help a bit if it doesnt please wait until amoderator or helper

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix Empty Re: Sims 3 island paradise keeps freezing and lags despite ultimate fix

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:28

chowdary wrote:hi can u try to change ur graphics settings to medium i think this may help a bit if it doesnt please wait until amoderator or helper
Already tried that but in vain  Sad . When i load another town the problem disappears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 16:33

on which town exactly does this occur?
and is ur graphic card drivers uptodate?

and also try doing this 
5. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Screenshots.
If there is nothing in this folder, great.  If there is, the photos in here can be from 100kb upwards to 2-6mb each.  If you aren't using them, delete them!  If you're a storyteller, get them outta' there!  All they do is bog down your game.

6. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods.
Delete ANY mods or Custom Content you DO NOT use or need!  We can all be .package hoarders but remember that every file has a file-size and the more unnecessary files you have, the less acceptable your game performance will be.  My main suggestion with any mods OR custom content is to ORGANIZE them by CATEGORY!  Example: One folder is for 'hair' the other is for 'game mods', so on and so forth.  Organize your hoards.  You will thank me later.

7. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup.
Delete everything in here EXCEPT the ccmerged.package!  These files are basically backup files of all your Custom Content.  These files are not necessary for a fully functional game, thus slowing it down.  Depending on your downloading habits, you may or may not have a lot of files here.  Some people have over 1000+ files in this folder;  I had 715 files and I'd only been playing my game for FOUR DAYS.
Note:  The ccmerged.package is NOT a cache file.  This file is required for the game to run and read premium content as it is the EA's hub for XML data. It wouldn't blow up your game if you accidentally deleted it - you may just mess up your save data/s and/or make your installations unstable.  
Okay yes, deleting this file sort of does blow your game up.  Don't do it if you can help it.

8. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/FeaturedItems.
Congratulations!  You've found the most annoying files contained within the most annoying folder!  Delete everything in this folder.  EA places pictures of every Featured Item here and it is completely unnecessary for you to have!  I recommend you delete everything in this folder.  If you’d prefer not to check this folder every other day, you can actually make this folder totally inaccessible to EA (in other words, they won't be able to place anymore junk in this folder!)
Right-click on the FeaturedItems folder.  Choose Properties.  Go to the 'Security' tab. Click 'edit' - you might be prompted with administrator approval.  Click on the account YOU play The Sims 3 on.  Look lower for 'Write' and click on the first check box under 'Deny'.  All boxes should check themselves, then click 'Apply'.  Poof, no more invasive file dumping!

9. Install these two mods:  Overwatch  and  MasterController.
Link 1: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch
Link 2: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController
The easiest way to use the Master Controller is to load up a family (perhaps even a family/save game that is acting slow or laggy), zooming out to 'Town View' and find your Town Hall. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Jan 2014, 17:47

chowdary wrote:on which town exactly does this occur?
and is ur graphic card drivers uptodate?

and also try doing this 
5. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Screenshots.
If there is nothing in this folder, great.  If there is, the photos in here can be from 100kb upwards to 2-6mb each.  If you aren't using them, delete them!  If you're a storyteller, get them outta' there!  All they do is bog down your game.

6. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods.
Delete ANY mods or Custom Content you DO NOT use or need!  We can all be .package hoarders but remember that every file has a file-size and the more unnecessary files you have, the less acceptable your game performance will be.  My main suggestion with any mods OR custom content is to ORGANIZE them by CATEGORY!  Example: One folder is for 'hair' the other is for 'game mods', so on and so forth.  Organize your hoards.  You will thank me later.

7. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/DCBackup.
Delete everything in here EXCEPT the ccmerged.package!  These files are basically backup files of all your Custom Content.  These files are not necessary for a fully functional game, thus slowing it down.  Depending on your downloading habits, you may or may not have a lot of files here.  Some people have over 1000+ files in this folder;  I had 715 files and I'd only been playing my game for FOUR DAYS.
Note:  The ccmerged.package is NOT a cache file.  This file is required for the game to run and read premium content as it is the EA's hub for XML data. It wouldn't blow up your game if you accidentally deleted it - you may just mess up your save data/s and/or make your installations unstable.  
Okay yes, deleting this file sort of does blow your game up.  Don't do it if you can help it.

8. Go to: /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/FeaturedItems.
Congratulations!  You've found the most annoying files contained within the most annoying folder!  Delete everything in this folder.  EA places pictures of every Featured Item here and it is completely unnecessary for you to have!  I recommend you delete everything in this folder.  If you’d prefer not to check this folder every other day, you can actually make this folder totally inaccessible to EA (in other words, they won't be able to place anymore junk in this folder!)
Right-click on the FeaturedItems folder.  Choose Properties.  Go to the 'Security' tab. Click 'edit' - you might be prompted with administrator approval.  Click on the account YOU play The Sims 3 on.  Look lower for 'Write' and click on the first check box under 'Deny'.  All boxes should check themselves, then click 'Apply'.  Poof, no more invasive file dumping!

9. Install these two mods:  Overwatch  and  MasterController.
k 1: The easiest way to use the Master Controller is to load up a family (perhaps even a family/save game that is acting slow or laggy), zooming out to 'Town View' and find your Town Hall. 
Done this but no help :-(

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jan 2014, 19:49

kratosthewargod wrote:Done this but no help :-(

Hello,

I suggest you download and install the latest versions of several NRAAS mods (Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Master Controller). If you don't know how to install mods, look at the guide on how to install ".package" files, here.

I also suggest, you lower your graphics settings even more than you (seemingly) did already; you might even turn off VSync.

In the game, reset everything with Master Controller. Go into town view, click on the town hall, an then go to NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything. Use that option then - and see if that helped you.

Good luck and let us know if it worked !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top