Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

request for sims 3 installation guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

request for sims 3 installation guide Empty request for sims 3 installation guide

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:00

i was wondering if you admins can post a properly installation guide for the sims 3, and all its expansion of how i should download from World Adventures to Generations im pretty sure you guys posted it once before but i can't find it please help me out Smile

Back to top Go down

request for sims 3 installation guide Empty Re: request for sims 3 installation guide

Post by Admin Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:14

runforrestrun wrote:i was wondering if you admins can post a properly installation guide for the sims 3, and all its expansion of how i should download from World Adventures to Generations im pretty sure you guys posted it once before but i can't find it please help me out Smile
Hello,

Well, the big red letters on the frontpage tell me that you should try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

request for sims 3 installation guide Empty Re: request for sims 3 installation guide

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:16

yeah, i know that but i was asking for a instruction for the installation step from the Generations how i should install it then, how to install WA like where to put crack and that and where i should put crack, i was a bit confused with ambitions where they said i have to put crack where i put the generations crack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:24

runforrestrun wrote:yeah, i know that but i was asking for a instruction for the installation step from the Generations how i should install it then, how to install WA like where to put crack and that and where i should put crack, i was a bit confused with ambitions where they said i have to put crack where i put the generations crack
Hello,

If you'd like to know how to install the expansion itself, you should read the included "# Installation Guide.txt" in the .rar file you downloaded.
Ambitions doesn't say anything about putting a crack in the Generations folder?

Anyhow, you should ask more specific question when you're stuck with the installation of one or more expansions. That way I can guide you better.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:31

in the ambitions installation guide it says
6. Copy + Paste (Or drag & drop) the 'TS3.exe' ánd the 'TSLHost.dll' file to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.
but i have already copied the file from basegame and from the generations so what should i do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:34

runforrestrun wrote:in the ambitions installation guide it says
6. Copy + Paste (Or drag & drop) the 'TS3.exe' ánd the 'TSLHost.dll' file to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.
but i have already copied the file from basegame and from the generations so what should i do now?
Hello,

That's not the Ambitions' installation guide, but the one for the base game.
In order to make the game work, you only need to apply the crack for Generations, like described here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 14:39

but when i install the expansion should i drop the crack to their folders because i just noticed that there are also crack in the ultimate fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 13 Jun 2011, 15:56

runforrestrun wrote:but when i install the expansion should i drop the crack to their folders because i just noticed that there are also crack in the ultimate fix
Hello,

Well, it's best to not use any cracks while installing the games. This way you don't even need the Fix.
If you haven't applied any cracks yet, please do as following:

1. Install all the expansions.
2. Open the launcher and update the game to the latest version.
3. Now completely close the launcher and apply the crack that came with Generations. (Note that you do not place the crack in the Generation's installation folder, but in the base game's installation folder instead!)
4. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Please tell me the result below when done.

Ps. If you've already applied a crack - no problem -, just apply the Fix.
Pps. Those files in the Fix aren't cracks. Those are the original files needed in order to update the game. The only crack needed is the Generations crack, which can be found in the "# Crack" folder.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 23:12

I did what you said now and it worked perfect thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 08:34

Well, it's best to not use any cracks while installing the games. This way you don't even need the Fix.
If you haven't applied any cracks yet, please do as following:

1. Install all the expansions.
2. Open the launcher and update the game to the latest version.
3. Now completely close the launcher and apply the crack that came with Generations. (Note that you do not place the crack in the Generation's installation folder, but in the base game's installation folder instead!)
4. Start the game and... ENJOY playing!

Please tell me the result below when done.

Ps. If you've already applied a crack - no problem -, just apply the Fix.
Pps. Those files in the Fix aren't cracks. Those are the original files needed in order to update the game. The only crack needed is the Generations crack, which can be found in the "# Crack" folder.
can I used this guide even if I don't have Generations yet?? i'm having problems in installing also... still downloading Generations... thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 09:21

No, new files are introduced with generations. The cracks replace those new files thus cracking every game before it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 09:24

Hi there, first I want to thank you for all these great downloads you shared to us..my problem now is I'm really having a hard time installing it on my pc. Sorry I'm just new with this cracks/fix stuff.. i'm a bit confused on when I am going to use the cracks inside each folders, and which guide do I need to follow.. because each folders (expansion folders) have their own #CRACKS and guide right? pls correct me if I'm wrong, what I did before was to install each game, then copy paste the cracks inside each folder to their respective BIN, then launcher to update, after this I always get sims 3 incompatible version etc.. so what I did I copied the #CRACKS from the SIMS3 fix, to each expansion BIN folder (I have no GENERATIONS yet, still downloading it) so what do I need to copy on SIMS 3--BIN directory so I can play the game? hope someone can help me thanks in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 15:06

Linseyqt heres what i did that i think will work for you
1. download base game
2. generations
3. put the crack from the base game in the base game and put the generation crack in the base game bin folder
4. download the expansion normally no need to use the crack
5. download the ultimate fix
6. follow the instruction from the fix like put all the files to their belongings
7. now try the game
it worked for me so it should work for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 15 Jun 2011, 15:07

linseyqt wrote:Hi there, first I want to thank you for all these great downloads you shared to us..my problem now is I'm really having a hard time installing it on my pc. Sorry I'm just new with this cracks/fix stuff.. i'm a bit confused on when I am going to use the cracks inside each folders, and which guide do I need to follow.. because each folders (expansion folders) have their own #CRACKS and guide right? pls correct me if I'm wrong, what I did before was to install each game, then copy paste the cracks inside each folder to their respective BIN, then launcher to update, after this I always get sims 3 incompatible version etc.. so what I did I copied the #CRACKS from the SIMS3 fix, to each expansion BIN folder (I have no GENERATIONS yet, still downloading it) so what do I need to copy on SIMS 3--BIN directory so I can play the game? hope someone can help me thanks in advance
Hello,

Did you read this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 18:55

runforrestrun wrote:Linseyqt heres what i did that i think will work for you
1. download base game
2. generations
3. put the crack from the base game in the base game and put the generation crack in the base game bin folder
6. follow the instruction from the fix like put all the files to their belongings
7. now try the game

Thank u so much! it worked at last! Smile but just want to ask, i wasn't able to finish the update from sims launcher, But I already copy paste #Crack folder (generations) to base game bin folder, is that okay? or do i really need to do the update since there is a new update showing from the launcher, and if ever I do that, do I need to copy paste again files from #CRACK (generation folder) ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 16 Jun 2011, 21:05

linseyqt wrote:
runforrestrun wrote:Linseyqt heres what i did that i think will work for you
1. download base game
2. generations
7. now try the game

Thank u so much! it worked at last! Smile but just want to ask, i wasn't able to finish the update from sims launcher, But I already copy paste #Crack folder (generations) to base game bin folder, is that okay? or do i really need to do the update since there is a new update showing from the launcher, and if ever I do that, do I need to copy paste again files from #CRACK (generation folder) ???
Hello,

In order to safely update the game, just apply this Fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top