Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 Empty Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 05:28

Hi I'm a bit confused here, steps 10 and 11 are the exact same. Is there a mistake here? Is the "Generations" in step 10 supposed to be "Town Life" and I am really supposed to overwrite the base game's files with the generations ones, and then overwrite these generations files with the town life ones?

10. For The Sims 3 - Generations: open the "Generations" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

11. For The Sims 3 - Town Life Stuff: open the "Generations" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

Can someone please clarify for me? If you need more details on my question I'm happy to provide!

edit: note I'm currently sifting through the archives to find an answer for this. I've gotten pretty far and I haven't found anything on this so I thought it was appropriate to maker a post.

EDIT: IT WORKS! I ended up manually downloading the "super patch" and it updated to 1.24 easily. Playing now Smile Thanks for the help!!!

PROBLEM SOLVED

Last edited by strangequark on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 16:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 Empty Re: Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 06:28

Hi !

Just seen your post and am having some similar problems myself. The answer to your question though, can be found in the post which is a couple down from yours. Here is a shortcut for you. Hope this helps Smile

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1600-the-sims-3-town-life-how-to-install-it-when-you-have-everything-else-installed#10022

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 Empty Re: Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 01 Aug 2011, 09:15

SuzieD wrote:Hi !

Just seen your post and am having some similar problems myself. The answer to your question though, can be found in the post which is a couple down from yours. Here is a shortcut for you. Hope this helps Smile

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1600-the-sims-3-town-life-how-to-install-it-when-you-have-everything-else-installed#10022

Hello,
I have nothing to add to this.
Please let us know if you run into anything else!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:36

ahh thanks that helps. So they give the same instructions for both depending on which one is the most recent expansion pack (in this case Town life)

So does this mean I should still copy the generations files into the generations bin folder? There are no pre-existing files to overwrite (as is the case for town life as well)

thanks! Almost there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:41

strangequark wrote:ahh thanks that helps. So they give the same instructions for both depending on which one is the most recent expansion pack (in this case Town life)

So does this mean I should still copy the generations files into the generations bin folder?

thanks! Almost there!
Hello,

No, since Town Life Stuff is your latest pack, you only need to apply the original and cracked files for Town Life Stuff. So skip all the "Generation" steps.
Please let me know if you run into more problems.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 12:57

thank you very much for your help. So quick! so clear! I'm running the second update now before I apply the crack.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully it''ll work

EDIT: hmm I get "invalid file name" thing which seems to be a popular problem, I'll check and see if I've copied everything properly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:11

strangequark wrote:thank you very much for your help. So quick! so clear! I'm running the second update now before I apply the crack.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully it''ll work

EDIT: hmm I get "invalid file name" thing which seems to be a popular problem, I'll check and see if I've copied everything properly
Hello,

Yes, you'll get this error when you copy the files to the wrong folder(s). Please note that the Town Life Stuff original file goes into the base game's game directory and not in the expansion's game directory!
Read the included guide VERY carefully and you should be good to go.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:25

alright I'll line it up since I'm still getting this problem:

1. ambitions is in ambitions
2. Fast Lane is in Fast Lane
3. High End Loft is in High End Loft
4. Late Night is in Late Night
5. Outdoor living is in Outdoor living
6. World Adventures is in World Adventures
7. *nothing* is in Generations
8. *nothing* is in Town Life
9. Town Life is Sims 3 (base game)

for 7 and 8 should I have copied the files in there? or left them empty like I did?

*note it says nothing about copying the files into generations or town life

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:28

strangequark wrote:alright I'll line it up since I'm still getting this problem:

1. ambitions is in ambitions
2. Fast Lane is in Fast Lane
3. High End Loft is in High End Loft
4. Late Night is in Late Night
5. Outdoor living is in Outdoor living
6. World Adventures is in World Adventures
7. *nothing* is in Generations
8. *nothing* is in Town Life
9. Town Life is Sims 3 (base game)

for 7 and 8 should I have copied the files in there? or left them empty like I did?

*note it says nothing about copying the files into generations or town life

Hello,

That is correct. I wonder why it still doesn't work. Let's see...
Could you make a screenshot of which TLS files you copied and a screenshot of whére you copied them to?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:31

sure, might take me a while to figure out how to do that. I'll try it again in the meanwhile, I might have changed something, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:35

strangequark wrote:sure, might take me a while to figure out how to do that. I'll try it again in the meanwhile, I might have changed something, thanks.
Hello,

You could also contact me via the Live Support on www.games4theworld.info when "Online". I'll be leaving now, but I'll be back later. I'll apply the Fix for you via TeamViewer.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 13:53

there done

If they appear cut off on the right side, just zoom out!

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 WaWPr

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 KFBXE

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 WKFai

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 8MM7S

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 F2jMH

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 TCp6O

Sims 3 installation guide steps 10 and 11 TxZhz

//EDIT

I just read your last post. That's wonderful thanks I'll look for you when you're online

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 14:23

I have the same problem. It wont let me patch it, it gets so far then tells me there's an error :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2011, 08:07

first it downloads the patch, then it starts the installshield then it installs the patch on the sims launcher thing then it installs it using this other thing >.> and stops at 90% with that error

edit: I realized I downloaded and installed the wrong Town life and got the one provided by Games4theworld. I uninstalled the old one and installed the new one and now the patch is stuck downloading at 99%

EDIT: IT WORKS! I ended up manually downloading the "super patch" and it updated to 1.24 easily. Playing now Smile Thanks for the help!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top