Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screen Resolution!! -Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Screen Resolution!! -Sims 3 Empty Screen Resolution!! -Sims 3

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 22:01

Hey

I have been having a problem with my Sims 3 game. In-game the screen is cut off from the bottom and top, due to this it is stopping me from doing many things which sucks Sad I have tried many ways to fix this problem, such as changing the screen resolution from the game and also the monitor itself, windows mode and I have also uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Sadly these have failed and am stuck with the same problem, It is really annoying me now and it will be amazing if you could fix the problem.

I am playing on a HP Notebook (HP Mini 4120es) I was thinking my montor may be the problem but am not sure. Please help Help The Sims 3 plumbob 

Thank you.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Screen Resolution!! -Sims 3 Empty Re: Screen Resolution!! -Sims 3

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 22:30

Hey!
What happens if you change the resolution (in-game) or play in windowed mode?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jul 2013, 23:30

Nuffin it just stays the same

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Jul 2013, 18:23

MoSalpaa wrote:Nuffin it just stays the same

Is this the first time you are seeing that problem ? If yes, can you remember what the last thing was, that you changed about your computer or your game ?

You could also go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the options.ini file; see if that helps.

And I also have to ask this: what about your graphics drivers ? Are they updated already ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 19:03

No this ain't the first time ,its been like this from the beginning, and graphic drivers? lol am not sure if they are updated .. and i also don't know were to check or update them.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Jul 2013, 19:16

MoSalpaa wrote:No this ain't the first time ,its been like this from the beginning, and graphic drivers? lol am not sure if they are updated .. and i also don't know were to check or update them.

Stay cool.

Can you post a screenshot of this ? Inside the game, there should be a small symbol looking like a photo camera. Click on it and it will make a screenshot of your game. If you exit the game and go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Screenshots, you should find the screenshot there.

To upload a picture here, click on "Host image", then select your screenshot, and please
select "Resolution 1024x". After that you should get the URL (the "internet link") for that picture. Now you go to "Insert image" (the symbol on the right next to "Host image") and paste the URL.

To find out more about your graphics card, go to the "Start" menu (or press the key with the "Windows" symbol and the word "Start"). Now go to "Run" and type in dxdiag. Then go to the "Display" tab.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 20:07

As you can see it has cut of the bottom and top of the game ,due to this i cannot click the accept button..this is the same within the whole game itself.Screen Resolution!! -Sims 3 Sims3s10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top