Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 World Adventures install issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 World Adventures install issue Empty Sims 3 World Adventures install issue

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jul 2013, 20:55

I tried to install the expansion after installing The Sims 3 properly from this site, but I am getting an error in the Crack 3 folder about a "region error", what should I do? Can I at least get help on how to uninstall this expansion so I can try again?

Operating system: Windows 8 64 bit.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 World Adventures install issue Empty Re: Sims 3 World Adventures install issue

Post by invalidusername Thu 04 Jul 2013, 02:56

The installation instructions included explain how to fix this issue.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 World Adventures install issue Empty Re: Sims 3 World Adventures install issue

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:26

roflcopterfail9 wrote:I tried to install the expansion after installing The Sims 3 properly from this site, but I am getting an error in the Crack 3 folder about a "region error", what should I do? Can I at least get help on how to uninstall this expansion so I can try again?

Operating system: Windows 8 64 bit.

Hello,

Please read this. If you still have any region error after following the instructions, try regediting. Follow the steps beneath(Please follow them if this doesn't work):

(1) Open Start menu, type "regedit" and enter.
(2) On the left of the registry editor panel, go to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Sims >> The Sims 3
(3) Check if the locale in The Sims 3 folder is en-US (if your game version is in English) or not. If not, change it to en-US.
(4) Change the SKU value in The Sims 3 folder to 2(2 means US)  or 7 (7 means worldwide).
(5) Close the registry editor and restart your computer.
(6) Try to launch the game to see if it works.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top