Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 world Adventures issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 world Adventures issue Empty Sims 3 world Adventures issue

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:18

So I downloaded Sims 3 World Adventure from your site, good deal Smile Ok, the problem? It says on the installation guide that I needed to have the Core Sims 3 game from here too. I have a legit copy. Not sure if this is what is causing the issue, but the guide says I need to type ragedit into the start menu and from there change a number in the registry, I've tried to do this, but can't find anything (is this because I have a legit copy of core game?). Then I try to run the autorun, but it tells me that the core game and the expansion are from different regions, and then setup quits. Just FYI I've currently got all the expansions minus Fast Lane and World adventures, and all the other expansions have been working just fine. Please Help! Im SO excited to take my Sim on a trip! Thanks in advance, cuz I KNOW you'll be able to help me Wink!

Keri

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 world Adventures issue Empty Re: Sims 3 world Adventures issue

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:21

Hello,

For some systems the path is different. Please navigate to exactly: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3

... and you should be good! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:24

Um...any idea where in the world I could find that? lol, sorry, I is only as computer savvy as game installation usually demands I am....

//EDIT

AKA- This be uncharted territory. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 19:32

BuffyTVS22 wrote:Um...any idea where in the world I could find that? lol, sorry, I is only as computer savvy as game installation usually demands I am....

//EDIT

AKA- This be uncharted territory. Smile
Hello,

Well, it's the path in the Registery editor. Just open it as described in the "# Installation Guide.txt", but instead of navigating to the path described there, follow the path I stated in my previous post.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 20:14

Hm, Im running Windows 7 and I just copied and pasted the path on top (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3) to the search box in the start menu and it said no results. Am I an idiot or am I doing this wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 20:22

BuffyTVS22 wrote:Hm, Im running Windows 7 and I just copied and pasted the path on top (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sims > The Sims 3) to the search box in the start menu and it said no results. Am I an idiot or am I doing this wrong?

Look:

A wise Admin once wrote:Well, it's the path in the Registery editor.

You have to go to that path in the REGISTRY EDITOR, which you can open by opening the "Start" menu, typing "regedit" in the search -box and pressing [ENTER].
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2011, 22:35

Hi

I am just installing all the copies and installed in this order ( from another post named "Help I can't figure this out"

1. The Sims 3 base game.
2. FLS.
3. HELS.
4. Ambitions.
5. Late Night.
6. OLS.
7. WA.
8. Now, apply this fix and it should all work fine: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

I have installed all and am about to install World Adv. My question: In the install instructions for OLS it say to change the number in the regedit to a 1 now in WA it says to change it to a 2 Which should the SKU be?
Thanks !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 23:26

nocturnalkiss wrote:Hi

I am just installing all the copies and installed in this order ( from another post named "Help I can't figure this out"

1. The Sims 3 base game.
2. FLS.
3. HELS.
4. Ambitions.
5. Late Night.
6. OLS.
7. WA.
8. Now, apply this fix and it should all work fine: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

I have installed all and am about to install World Adv. My question: In the install instructions for OLS it say to change the number in the regedit to a 1 now in WA it says to change it to a 2 Which should the SKU be?
Thanks !!!!
Hello,

Just do what the Installation Guide tells you to do. If you need to change it to "2", just do so. When you have to change it to "1", do so.
It only affects the Game's installation, not the actual game itself, so it doesn't matter if you change it all time.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male