Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game? Empty Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 03:17

Here's the whole deal- I can't install my one expansion pack (Late Night) because I've been getting the dreaded "No Version of the Sims 3 detected" error message. (I bought the base game, legitimately, off of Origin.) I can't use the Ultimate Fix because I don't have Generations or Town Life Stuff, and I can't update the game, even with the manual patch, because I need the ultimate fix for it to work. I'm torrenting Generations now (the G4TW torrent, of course) but if I understand the Ultimate Fix correctly, Generations needs to be installed for it to work? If so, according to Admin on another one of my topics related to this issue, then my best bet is to uninstall and reinstall the base game. Here's the problem- the last time I uninstalled the base game, when I reinstalled it wouldn't work. It was only through a miracle that I discovered that I had a system restore point for before the base game got corrupted (by me), and after said restore, everything was working again... at least as well as it did before, which isn't much.

TL;DR, what I want to know is, how do I uninstall and reinstall the base game without messing it up... again?

Back to top Go down

Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game? Empty Re: Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game?

Post by J.T. Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:08

Aquabreeze wrote:Here's the whole deal- I can't install my one expansion pack (Late Night) because I've been getting the dreaded "No Version of the Sims 3 detected" error message. (I bought the base game, legitimately, off of Origin.) I can't use the Ultimate Fix because I don't have Generations or Town Life Stuff, and I can't update the game, even with the manual patch, because I need the ultimate fix for it to work. I'm torrenting Generations now (the G4TW torrent, of course) but if I understand the Ultimate Fix correctly, Generations needs to be installed for it to work? If so, according to Admin on another one of my topics related to this issue, then my best bet is to uninstall and reinstall the base game. Here's the problem- the last time I uninstalled the base game, when I reinstalled it wouldn't work. It was only through a miracle that I discovered that I had a system restore point for before the base game got corrupted (by me), and after said restore, everything was working again... at least as well as it did before, which isn't much.

TL;DR, what I want to know is, how do I uninstall and reinstall the base game without messing it up... again?

Hello,

Yes, the Ultimate Fix required one of these expansions to work: Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations. For a clean reinstall, you can try this. Or you can install Revo uninstaller to make it work.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game? Empty Re: Safely uninstalling/reinstalling base game?

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 23:02

Holy crap- I can't believe it! It's working! The guide and Revo got everything uninstalled properly, and after I redownloaded and reinstalled the base game, I was actually able to install Late Night, which it would never let me do before! And the updates, store content patches- they all went off without a hitch! Thank you so, so much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:56

Aquabreeze wrote:Holy crap- I can't believe it! It's working! The guide and Revo got everything uninstalled properly, and after I redownloaded and reinstalled the base game, I was actually able to install Late Night, which it would never let me do before! And the updates, store content patches- they all went off without a hitch! Thank you so, so much!!

Hello,

Glad to hear! Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have.
Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob  !
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top