Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help.. Empty After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help..

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 15:58

3 days ago I installed the 1.66, and obviously it stopped working. I'd just get a blank screen. Restarted it and it'd give me the 'No disc in drive' thing after getting to the main menu. So I uninstalled all expansions, base game ect.. I've reinstalled them on 7 different occasions. I've tried only updating it to 1.63, and even patches way earlier than that. I've even tried just running the base game with an older patch that was provided in a crack folder, and it gives me the 'Unofficial game modifcation' error, then the blank menu. I even tried the fix cracks you guys have provided, and nothing has worked. I've been downloading torrents for the past five years, and I've finally hit a brick wall. I'm at the point of factory resting my computer to see if that will help since I've not had it long. If anyone can help, it'd be highly apprecited

Back to top Go down

After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help.. Empty Re: After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help..

Post by J.T. Fri 17 Jan 2014, 16:04

Hello,

I believe this error is merely caused by placing outdated cracks to the destination folder. If so, please try the following:

(1) Download and run the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch
(2) Remove the temporary fix (the crack/mod that you have applied to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) (if you have never done so, skip this step)
(3) Download the Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems . Please download the one that is labeled "*NOT WORKING*" (PC Fix)
(4) Open the Ultimate Fix via WinRAR, and open the folder # Crack inside. Drag and drop the files inside this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when prompted.

I hope this helps you.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help.. Empty Re: After installing 1.66, and even uninstalling and reinstalling, I cannot get even the base game to work. Please help..

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 16:37

J.T. wrote:Hello,

I believe this error is merely caused by placing outdated cracks to the destination folder. If so, please try the following:

(1) Download and run the manual patch here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v163-fix-manual-patch
(2) Remove the temporary fix (the crack/mod that you have applied to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) (if you have never done so, skip this step)
(3) Download the Ultimate Fix here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems . Please download the one that is labeled "*NOT WORKING*" (PC Fix)
(4) Open the Ultimate Fix via WinRAR, and open the folder # Crack inside. Drag and drop the files inside this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Replace the files when prompted.

I hope this helps you.
Okay, so If I install base game plus all expansions, and one stuff pack, will the cracks in the ultimate fix rar be enough? Because i was gonna do into the future, island paradise, ect..,, or do i just use teh cracks the torrents come with?

//EDIT

Nevermind, I seen the other folder about the other expannsiions, i hope this work, thank you for your support

Helper Edit: If you have anything to add, please use the "edit button" in your previous post instead of double-posting. Thank you.

-J.T.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Fri 17 Jan 2014, 16:39

shadow88kissed wrote:
J.T. wrote:Hello,

I hope this helps you.
Okay, so If I install base game plus all expansions, and one stuff pack, will the cracks in the ultimate fix rar be enough? Because i was gonna do into the future, island paradise, ect..,, or do i just use teh cracks the torrents come with?

Hello,

All you need is one crack, and that is the crack I mentioned in my first post to your topic. Other than that, the other files in the Ultimate Fix and the other cracks are not needed. This only crack is the only necessary crack.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top