Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED] Empty need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jul 2013, 15:47

Hello G4tW!!

ever since installing Island Paradise, my game has been laggy. It got worse, to the point that when townie-turned-merman Harley Greenwood decided to show my sim the hidden island, everything just stutters, and though the fog on the island cleared, it then caused the game to crash and show a "send error report window" and close down.
i decided to make a 'Lite' version of Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder where the only mods and cc i have are the 'important' ones like overwatch or errortrap, some defaults and stuff i used in my IP save. i also realize that since my RAM is just at 2gb, so i changed settings to 'low' in game. 

anyway, it all worked. when i started my game, everything loaded faster than before i removed my .package cc. though im not sure if reducing lot detail in the settings causes lots to look like blue spaces for a few seconds, then back to normal. this confirmed that it's my .package cc that's making it more laggy than when it's only caused by my bare minimum RAM space.

one of my questions is that, is there a difference if cc are installed as .package or .sims3pack when it comes to causing game lag? it's because i have this non G4tW source for store items. they have most of the store stuff but the thing is, everything is in .package (the main reason why i have tons of them in my mods folder). i'm actually thinking of redownloading everything if there is a difference, since G4tW has sims3pack versions.

my other alternative is merging .package files. i'm not really sure of this but it seems easier than starting over. my problem here is that when i tried opening s3pe, it says i need a version of .net framework. i'm at ver3.5, and it needs ver4 point sth. do i need to install all versions from 3.5 to get to ver4.0 or is it like updating sims 3 where you can skip to the last part?

any help is appreciated, and huge thanks for putting up the new site. i added a suggestion to the announcement thread. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED] Empty Re: need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jul 2013, 21:54

hikari_mochi wrote:Hello G4tW!!

(...)
one of my questions is that, is there a difference if cc are installed as .package or .sims3pack when it comes to causing game lag? it's because i have this non G4tW source for store items. they have most of the store stuff but the thing is, everything is in .package (the main reason why i have tons of them in my mods folder). i'm actually thinking of redownloading everything if there is a difference, since G4tW has sims3pack versions.

my other alternative is merging .package files. i'm not really sure of this but it seems easier than starting over. my problem here is that when i tried opening s3pe, it says i need a version of .net framework. i'm at ver3.5, and it needs ver4 point sth. do i need to install all versions from 3.5 to get to ver4.0 or is it like updating sims 3 where you can skip to the last part?

any help is appreciated, and huge thanks for putting up the new site. i added a suggestion to the announcement thread. Very Happy

Hello there,

As far as the game lag is concerned there is no difference between ".sims3pack" files and ".package" ones (not as far as I know, at least). The main aspect in my opinion is that you can remove ".package" files much more easily and faster than ".sims3packs" - unless you really want to know that, I'm not going to explain it now - since the explanation would be a bit long-winded. Wink

So yes, if you have your store items in .package file format, then that shouldn't pose any problems, normally.

And about the "compressing" of your custom content: I haven't done much of that myself, but you should NEVER compress mods, like the "NRAAS" mods or others. You should only compress things like hairstyles, clothing, make-up and similar items.

//EDIT

About your .NET framework: try googling for the latest version and download it. After downloading just double-click on the .exe file. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED] Empty Re: need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 07:49

So there is no need to download all other versions in between?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Jul 2013, 09:17

hikari_mochi wrote:So there is no need to download all other versions in between?

Hello again,

Not as far as I know. And these .NET framework updates should show up with the other Windows updates when you have "automatic updates" turned on anyway - from Windows Vista upwards (can't remember if that was the case in Windows XP too). But you can of course google for the most recent version too. Wink

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 14:47

Already installed .net today.. Merging package files was a success, thanks for your help Very Happy .
 I know lady eldi mentioned that dcbackup stuff can be merged too but when i tried it, some of the files caused the popup that said something like it was expecting dcpp but this file is dcpf. What does it mean, and does it affect the new merged file (will i lose some of those cc?).

Also, has anyone experienced their game getting an error report because they selected 'options: sim' from debugenabler? I really need to use that option bec my sim has wall decor from buy mode stuck in her personal inventory (i used porter and it packed most of their stuff in her inventory).

//EDIT

Nvm about the last part.. I made my sim go somewhere empty and tried radius purge and it deleted them fine.. Anyway, other than the dcbackup packages, merging the rest of my cc went fine like i mentioned in my toher post, thnx to Lady Eldi's guide.. So i guess it's all solved now, sort of. need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED] Icon_razz Thanks carlos!! need help with s3pe, .net framework. [SOLVED] Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 13:52

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Jul 2013, 14:14

Sorry for the late reply. So far, everything is working fine now. Thanks for asking. Smile

//LOCKED
Shamrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top